• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A reminder to everyone....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with someone that can't communicate well. What I get from them is what they send/posted.
When I read a post and have to spend several seconds attempting to piece it together I tend to just move on.
There is lots to read here and I skim fast as many do.
If someone has something to say I will see it in a flash.-- If they have trouble with the language I may never know what they have to say.

I don't see this place as a school. I am here for the friends and information. When we make friends we learn their speak and sometimes that becomes a personal conversation that all see.

What I try to do when I speak is to look at what I type before I click on the post button. If it is not a PM I look at it again.

I can understand that Joey doesn't want people bitching at each other but the above member has a point. I have noticed an improvement in habits on forums where poor grammar is pointed out. It is like other bad habits. People may not be aware of how bad their posts look to others. If my breath was bad or my zipper was open, I'd want to know about it.
As I have said before, any reasonable person would overlook a few misspelled words or a run-on sentence. When someone repeatedly writes stuff that is so bad it seems like they are intentionally screwing it up, I find it hard to ignore it. I really do try to let it all slide but sometimes it just feels like people are showing the language an offensive level of disrespect.

aw c'mon KD!
Yes, I occasionally mis-spell, I always try to correct
And EDIT
But sometimes, in a rush, I slip up

Yeah, "WE" are all starting to WHINE like Snow Flakes

And, for anyone concerned, Listen to the MOD and comply
Simple eh?

They say pictures are worth a thousand words, I'm so glad I haven't miss-spelled those. :D

So my question is did the Egyptians have perfect spelling???
Bird pyramid sun, crocodile cat cat River Bird thing thing lion thing ankh ra ra slave slave owl snake wheat !!!
Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!!!!:D

I have no idea what any of that means.

I have no idea what any of that means.
hieroglyphs.jpg

What Mike was trying to say is that when Ra landed in his Mothership, he imparted much wisdom among his trusted subjects. This wisdom has transcended many generations, and translates simply to this phrase.....
"Nobody gives a rats *** about grammar and spelling on a car forum." or something like that. (I was paraphrasing of course.) :lol:

It's all in the hieroglyphics above. :D

There are many things to worry about in life, but the grammer issues that crop up here are not
one of them.

hieroglyphs.jpg

What Mike was trying to say is that when Ra landed in his Mothership, he imparted much wisdom among his trusted subjects. This wisdom has transcended many generations, and translates simply to this phrase.....
"Nobody gives a rats *** about grammar and spelling on a car forum." or something like that. (I was paraphrasing of course.) :lol:

It's all in the hieroglyphics above. :D

Bird before bowl AFTER twisted reed!

I see that this thread has devolved into fun and games,.....it's about time, what a silly thread to begin with.

Res your rection of dis thread! All it tauuught me was ta walk around mo with my beetle down.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back