• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A reminder to everyone....

Status
Not open for further replies.
May b som folk jus ain't got no teefer to spell dat stuf?

18582307_1321415651246336_7699957238146146367_n.jpg

View attachment 447982

What Mike was trying to say is that when Ra landed in his Mothership, he imparted much wisdom among his trusted subjects. This wisdom has transcended many generations, and translates simply to this phrase.....
"Nobody gives a rats *** about grammar and spelling on a car forum." or something like that. (I was paraphrasing of course.) :lol:

It's all in the hieroglyphics above. :D

Thats a TV game show!

https://press.gsntv.com/programming/emogenius
Emoticon-Puzzle-Guess-the-Names-of-TV-Shows.jpg

Don't ask me?

I do understand that this is NOT a MENSA club. WE are car enthusiasts. Some went to college, many did not. Personally, I am simply a product of public schools, a man with a basic High School diploma. I wear clean clothes if I am not busy working on something. Why? Because of self respect.

It just seems odd to me that instead of trying to get others to raise their standards, we lower them to accommodate the lowest common denominator.

I do understand that this is NOT a MENSA club. WE are car enthusiasts. Some went to college, many did not. Personally, I am simply a product of public schools, a man with a basic High School diploma. I wear clean clothes if I am not busy working on something. Why? Because of self respect.

It just seems odd to me that instead of trying to get others to raise their standards, we lower them to accommodate the lowest common denominator.
Thanks for taking the time to read the thread Greg, and to not have taken it too personally. Nobody here is perfect (except maybe Richard Cranium) and least of all myself. Nobody is asking for perfection with spelling or grammatical correctness here. A lot of members are posting from their 'smart phones' these days - hell, I do it myself sometimes at work when I'm on lunch break. It is so easy to misspell words, or get punctuation wrong, and it isn't until later that night or even days later that I realise what a howler I have made.

All we are trying to do here in this thread is to get over this need to correct little mistakes or errors at every opportunity....especially when it is done in a less than friendly manner or aimed at the same people time and time again. This thread has been a lot of fun, and some very clever and funny members have contributed to it, and I have really enjoyed it. So it seems we have got the message out in the open, and understood by enough people to let this thread stay closed for now.

And now, back to talking about cars. :steering::thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back