• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a12 carpet or rubber matt

c.lagoon

Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
can anyone tell me how an original a12 came? did it come with carpet or a rubber floor matt?ive heard conflicting facts. thanks c.lagoon, this model im interested in would be a standard with bench seat if that has any bearing on answer.

i believe they all had carpet
do you have a broadcast sheet?
it would be listed on there.

Not to say that they did not ever come that way, but I have never seen or heard of a rubber mat A12 car. I have also never seen or heard of a rubber mat Super Bee. Most of the ones that I have seen were base model 68 Belevederes and a few low optioned Road Runners.

i have owned 2 cars with rubber mats
a 70 belvedere post car
and a 71 satellite a93 coupe package (fixed side windows and rubber mat)

To the best of my knowledge, 68 was the only year any Road Runner came with rubber mat.

excellent info.i dont hav a broadcast sheet i think ill go with blk carpet. ive never seen matts for sale thanks guys

Flypaper, your 71 Satellite would be a really neat car. In this day and time, when cars all come pretty well equipped, it goes to show that back in the days you could purchase a very usable vehicle to cut down on the cost of things.
As for as finding a rubber mat for these cars, I spoke to ACC for a customer of ours looking for the rubber mat. They have what they call a vinyl mat which is basically a rubber mat. It is approximately 1/8 inch thick and is offered in four colors, black, tan, gray and blue. I wish they could do the original speckled color, but that was a no go.

Auto Transport Service
Back