• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A833 behind a new hemi

polywideblock

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:02 PM
Reaction score
been through all 12 pages and can't find anything about it , simply put is it possible to put the A833 behind a new hemi . eg just swap the motor and keep my original drivetrain

Should be pretty simple since they have the same bellhousing pattern as the small blocks.

20160821_063452.jpg

We were going to do the same. Truly it will be the easiest
route to go. I just wanted the 2 extra gears and the mileage.

From what I've read, to use the stock bell housing you need to cut 3/4" off of the input shaft and then it will all bolt up. I think the pilot bearing you need is the same as a dodge dakota with a small block or maybe 4.7. I would do a couple google searches on that though to be sure. I know its has been done before

what flywheel did you use for the hemi to use the a833 4 speed?

We have a 833OD behind our 5.7 HEMI. We used an 8 bolt flywheel, using a stock small block bellhousing and a 340 hp clutch kit. Haven't got to drive they car yet due to finishing things up and eliminating electrical demons.

Auto Transport Service
Back