• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air compressor lines

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
When I got my new compressor, the company I bought it from turned me on to "Quick Line air compressor piping. I have the ability & tools to run hard line piping, but measuring, cutting, threading is a major PIA. A Quick Line kit consist of anodized aluminum tubing & plastic fittings, clamps, fitting wrench, pipe reamer & pretty much everything needed to run the lines easily with no muss, no fuss & no mess. It's a bit pricier than iron pipe stock, but not outrageously higher and the blue pipe looks neat. The only parts I need to get are reducing bushings for the end pieces & a short hose to connect to the hose reel. Here's a kit on fleabay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quick-Line-...ping-Complete-System-Tubing-Kit-/281594223175

DSCF9315.JPG
DSCF9316.JPG
DSCF9317.JPG

I would choose that over threading pipe any day.....

Plus it's color correct..Mopar blue fittings!:thumbsup:

Looks nice, but quick question. Do you have a water separator in line ? What about drip legs for condensation ?

You can also add an air dryer unit on the air intake too . . .

Looks nice, but quick question. Do you have a water separator in line ? What about drip legs for condensation ?

Because my compressor has a fan cooled intercooler (aftercooler?) between the compressor & the tank, I was told that I didn't need a water separator, but if it turns out that I do, I'll just cut one in. Regarding drip legs, from what I understand, the main reason for them is to catch any residual metal shavings & crap inside the iron pipe.

You'd have to be a fool to run iron pipe. Sure, lots of shops have it BUT a) its expensive b) all ends have to be threaded c) it'll rust from the moisture and d) its overkill both in size and strength.

Standard household copper tubing is a far better choice. Light weight, easy to work with and no rust issues. And for those thinking it won't handle the pressure, it will take 1200 PSI any day of the week!

That said, I like the new plastic stuff but it wasn't readily available when I did my shop.

The only thing I'd worry about is the vibration affecting the connection after the shutoff valve, but probably a minor issue. Certainly easier to repair anything that happens.Looks good!

I have the blue Rc. Worth every penny. Really easy to install. All you need is a son inlaw.

That material you used looks like the way to go. I used copper tubing as it was a small job. Only about 30 LF. Holds pressure great for the lift. Compressor only starts every three or four days.

The only thing I'd worry about is the vibration affecting the connection after the shutoff valve, but probably a minor issue. Certainly easier to repair anything that happens.Looks good!

Yeah, I thought of that too and I'm going to change that to a rubber hose as soon as I can have one made up.

I gotta say, for the price of that plastic /aluminum kit I could run 3 times the amount in copper !!

Pvc is not allowed in BC as when cold or impacted it will shatter
our work safe will shut a shop down that is using it
in a warm climate with no sun exposure it will last awhile but I would not use it my self

R C , It's a good practice to connect your compressor to the wall with a piece of flexable hose as the air compressor vibrates. Killer shop ! I love it !

Auto Transport Service
Back