• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alerts

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
4:15 AM
Reaction score
I see alerts about threads I have not or am not watching/following. How do I stop these unwanted, annoyances?

Last edited:
I went around and around with Joey. Look in website suggestions for a thread "Why?". If you go to search box type in Why?
If your watch a forum any post on the forum you will get an alert for any post on that forum.

I went around and around with Joey. Look in website suggestions for a thread "Why?". If you go to search box type in Why?
If your watch a forum any post on the forum you will get an alert for any post on that forum.

I thought only if you reply with a post. (Unless that's what you ment) I visit threads without replying and don't get any alerts.

Now I've missed getting an alert when I should have.

I thought only if you reply with a post. (Unless that's what you ment) I visit threads without replying and don't get any alerts.

Now I've missed getting an alert when I should have.
That's what I thought too. Read the "Why?" thread I mentioned
. I still don't Get it 100% and notice, it seems I don't get alerts I thought I should. Give Joey an example of the problem and wait for an answer.
I cruise new post so I'm less likely to miss posts.

If you watch a forum -- you will get alerts when things are posted in that forum.. That's the whole point of watching a forum.

I meant watch when I said follow (same thing). I fixed my OP. There are at least 2 ways to watch a thread; one is to click the watch link without replying, the other is to reply and if your preferences default to watch you will receive alerts when a new post has been added.

The alerts I speak of are the little red ones in the upper RH corner that appear when someone adds a new comment to a thread I have not participated in or was even aware existed. I have not noticed them recently. So, perhaps it was just another 'glitch in the matrix'.

Auto Transport Service
Back