• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aluminum Floor and Trans Tunnel

Canyon707

Local time
5:48 AM
Reaction score
Anybody have experience with this project? I am removing the trans tunnel to make access for install and removal of my soon to arrive transmission and flexplate shield. this should hopfully provide me an easier way to install and add room to provide a better alingment from motor , driveshaft, and diff. Looking for tips and advice. I tride the Hughes shield but, the fit is just not going to take place with my setup.

I thought about the removable tunnel. After all said and done it didn't offer much over a large tunnel welded in. The access to my trans is good. It'll come out with the TCI aluminum shield,cooler lines, and trans crossmember still attached.
Doug

I thought about the removable tunnel. After all said and done it didn't offer much over a large tunnel welded in. The access to my trans is good. It'll come out with the TCI aluminum shield,cooler lines, and trans crossmember still attached.
Doug
I also need to cover the flex plates and I dont think this cover does that

I also need to cover the flex plates and I dont think this cover does that
If you are taking a flex plate shield it is a separate part that attaches with the top 4 trans bolts.
Doug

it does it all. That's why I want to be able to remove it when necessary. I think once I get it installed it will be a great setup. and easy access to renew it when the SFI date expires.

I have and had the CSR shields over a few of my car's transmissions. It fits pretty well, but can be a pain like any other add-on. It takes up room, too.

I have and had the CSR shields over a few of my car's transmissions. It fits pretty well, but can be a pain like any other add-on. It takes up room, too.
yes I know it does had one on before but the previous owner had cut it up so with my new setup I want to make it accessible with a new larger tunnel.

I plan on using the CSR shield that is a complete cover
CSR Performance 836 - CSR Super Shields

What's YOUR price on it?

IMG_3404.PNG

Auto Transport Service
Back