• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

American Coup (2010) Movie

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
1:18 AM
Reaction score
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1800242/

coup.jpg

"AMERICAN COUP tells the story of the first coup ever carried out by the CIA - Iran, 1953. Explores the blowback from this seminal event, as well as the coup's lingering effects on the present US-Iranian relationship. Includes a segment on the 1979 Iranian Hostage Crisis and its relation to the 1953 coup. Concludes with a section on the recent Iranian presidential election. Contains interviews with noted Middle East experts and historians and prominent public figures such as Stephen Kinzer (author, All The Shah's Men), Prof. Ervand Abrahamian, Trita Parsi, Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, Ted Koppel and Rep. Ron Paul of Texas. With Iranian cinematography by James Longley." Anonymous

I just watched this on my Amazon Prime account last night. The quotes from Truman and others were amazing; I'd never heard them before. There are also references to other CIA coups around the world. It explains a lot about the tension between Iran and the USA. Of course, big oil is responsible. I cannot more highly recommend this movie for anyone who enjoys history, politics and truth.

I'm watching Netflix's Wormwood series now. Sure undermines trust in the US government. The series delves into the CIA secret project MK-Ultra and the testing of LSD unwittingly on its research team. One of its scientists who wants out of the program is murdered and the cover up makes it into a suicide. But the family doesn't buy it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7306056/

Storyline
This six-part series explores the limits of our knowledge about the past and the lengths we'll go in our search for the truth. A family story of one man's sixty-year quest to identify the circumstances of his father's mysterious death. A quest which brings him face-to-face with some of the darkest secrets of the United States. Written by Official Synopsis

Auto Transport Service
Back