• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

American Racing Mags

D. Mike

Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
Were American racing mags, dealer option for 73 Charger! What would original wheels cost now?

Likely no, but I wouldn't be surprised if a dealer put a set on.

Dealers tend to offer a lot of things that the factory did not - they still do! To say they were definitively NOT a "dealer-installed option" would not be completely true. You could say that individual dealers or a sales zone might offer something that did not roll off the assembly line - look at Grand Spaulding Dodge. I could see where a dealer back then would offer a set of aftermarket wheels as an "option" to help pad the bottom line.

no.

plain steel wheels with covers
rallye wheels
road wheels

These are FACTORY options. He's asking about dealer options. The dealers could offer whatever would sell. Swapping into aftermarket wheels was not uncommon then. The stock factory steel wheels couldn't go into the garbage fast enough back then.

anything is possible. have fun trying to verify that a dealer once took off a set of road wheels and slapped on a set American Racing Wheels, and even if they did, that still didnt change the build sheet. dealers do lots of things to sell cars there is no doubt. ive even heard stories of dealers that took entire front clips and wings off of superbirds and daytonas only to replace them with standard road runner and charger clips just to get them off of their lots. dealers even offered special model stripe kits to move cars. to be honest , ive never seen any kind of documented special dealer wheel other than some 65 dart GT models that came with cragars.
is that a better answer?

Thanks for all the input. Car currently up for full suspension bushing replacement, if I can stand morning heat might get done; 12th of ???

Auto Transport Service
Back