• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And so it begins..... my new garage

Dang that looks great now. :thumbsup:
Thanks Kiwi.

Really having a tough time figuring out a color scheme? Looking at it now I really think a super dark charcoal stripe just above the wainscoating with orange pin stripes bordering it would look sharp. I was also thinking about painting the exposed lumber Orange but not sure now? I liked Goons idea of staining the wood so I'm considering a semi transparent stain that way I can still add color. Downside to that is it doesn't help prevent fires where latex paint would? I'm mostly concerned with the huge beam running down the center with all the areas for sparks to get trapped. I'll likely go over it sealing everything up so there are no problem areas.

Near as I can see it I'm about 1 year behind you as far as being complete. C'mon man do some more cool chit that I can copy...:poke:
Ive got a couple neat things planned...some lighting...some shelving...maybe I'll get into some of them over the winter...
I did manage to pick-up a new Toolbox last week...But for now its stored in the basement to keep it dry....
Good job...
I think I'd wrap that beam with something...Maybe aluminum...Maybe just Marlite...something to keep sparks out...

747mopar-have the kids do design on the floor like that new Nissan(?) blackout commercial.

Near as I can see it I'm about 1 year behind you as far as being complete. C'mon man do some more cool chit that I can copy...:poke:
Ive got a couple neat things planned...some lighting...some shelving...maybe I'll get into some of them over the winter...
I did manage to pick-up a new Toolbox last week...But for now its stored in the basement to keep it dry....
Good job...
I think I'd wrap that beam with something...Maybe aluminum...Maybe just Marlite...something to keep sparks out...
I don't know how cool it will be but I plan on building a cool bench out of the Chestnut that came off of the barn that used to sit here, drawers and cabinets sized for actual tools! Also wanting to do something cool with the bathroom but still thinking on that one?

I know what your saying about boxing in the beam just don't think I'll like looking at it? Most of the beam has a clear path for dust and dirt to fall threw so I'm thinking about just spending an afternoon working on it, caulking, filling and painting?

Been putting off starting the 24X24 addition with all the rain we've been having but thought I'd just bite the bullet and start boring the holes today.. Put the post hole digger on the ol tractor, pulled it around to throw the 12" auger on and.... GO FREAKIN FIGURE!!!! Absolute downpour... again!

20170615_165001.jpg

747mopar-have the kids do design on the floor like that new Nissan(?) blackout commercial.
Still thinking about the floor, I put it off until after the drywall and paint was done but it's about time for it. Liking the black floors but I'm sure it would always look filthy. We'll see.

Congrats Dev! That turned out really nice, very classy looking with all the creature comforts!!!
I didn't see where you finished your rock bridge on the back? Do you have any pics of how it turned out?

Congrats Dev! That turned out really nice, very classy looking with all the creature comforts!!!
I didn't see where you finished your rock bridge on the back? Do you have any pics of how it turned out?

As of right now . . . you have to jump ! ! ! LMAO . . .

Look right over top of the car, you can see the opening and the rock . . . ( grin )

As of right now . . . you have to jump ! ! ! LMAO . . .

Look right over top of the car, you can see the opening and the rock . . . ( grin )
Like the Duke boys???? Didnt give yourself much landing room!!! Lol!!!

Hopefully soon, it's a real PITA not being able to use the upstairs. I still need to transfer my tools over from the other garage before I can start on it but have the steel laying beside the garage. If I can finish the trim inside this weekend I might start it next weekend.

Dev,

The garage looks awesome - I'm envious! Now mind you, I am pretty damn lucky with a lift, but it is a pretty tight squeeze. Yours has lots of room, and built smart too.

Well Done!

:usflag:

Hopefully soon, it's a real PITA not being able to use the upstairs. I still need to transfer my tools over from the other garage before I can start on it but have the steel laying beside the garage. If I can finish the trim inside this weekend I might start it next weekend.
What's really killing me is our other garage has been loaded up by my dad and brother making me have to store the Charger and Can Am over here. The Can Am tracks mud in all the time so getting that bridge in will help a lot. Looking for idea's on how to build a water tight pan to park the Can Am on?

Dev,

The garage looks awesome - I'm envious! Now mind you, I am pretty damn lucky with a lift, but it is a pretty tight squeeze. Yours has lots of room, and built smart too.

Well Done!

:usflag:
Appreciate it hsorman. I'm always wishing it was even bigger but I keep reminding myself of how hard it was to maintain a comfortable climate in our big garage. The other garage was built pole barn style, all 4ft center beams and trusses, 4ft centers are a pain to insulate! With this having a full footer, wrapped, studded like a house and insulated to the hilt it's already proving to be more comfortable. Smart storage will be key to keeping the floor free of clutter. Once a milling machine and lathe is added it will start getting tight for wall space not to mention I intend to buy a much larger MIG as well. Got along ways to go.

For a watertight pad I would use a roll on rubberized coating and run it up and over some wood in whatever height and width would give you the depth you want to hold water, that would essentially create a pool on the floor. Place a drain in the center or one end and slope accordingly so you can hose it out. Think..." Giant shower floor".

For a watertight pad I would use a roll on rubberized coating and run it up and over some wood in whatever height and width would give you the depth you want to hold water, that would essentially create a pool on the floor. Place a drain in the center or one end and slope accordingly so you can hose it out. Think..." Giant shower floor".

I was thinking the same thing with thinset and epoxy, run a large (3") floor drain outside to a suitable location...

And, if you placed with an open end at the entrance from the rock bridge you could just hose it out the door. Put a 8" awning angle under the bridge along the wall to keep the water and muck off of the sidewall.

Sometimes it pays to think simple lol. I've been thinking about welding up a pan, tile, fiberglass, etc but rubber may just be a more suitable option. Your suggestion with the open end is what I had in mind. For the bridge I had planned on building a deck out of treated 2X4 stood on their ends using 2X4 cutoffs to creat 1.5" gaps in between the boards so water and mud pass threw... The awning is a good idea:thumbsup:

You can buy the rubber membrane at any plumbing supply. It comes in rolls for building custom shower pans.

Auto Transport Service
Back