• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And so it begins..... my new garage

you`ll find that the honey do list will never end and you will always be working on your cars ,then the kids will have projects and school act. maybe 4H or FFA ,there always pushing yours to the back of the list love her and the kids and all will be good ,thats the family life now enjoy it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

you`ll find that the honey do list will never end and you will always be working on your cars ,then the kids will have projects and school act. maybe 4H or FFA ,there always pushing yours to the back of the list love her and the kids and all will be good ,thats the family life now enjoy it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm already there Snake except for me it's Softball, Basketball and Tumbling with the daughter and Soccer with the boy.

I've been putting off finishing the welding because it's been so miserably hot but yesterday being so beautiful I thought today is the day..... Turns out the kids wanted to go bicycling so no welding but I may have lost a few pounds and made the kids happy. Try again today......forgot Softball practice tonight.

Most of my work gets done from 8:00PM-1:00AM Friday and Sat nights just because that's the only time I can work start to finish on anything.

it's the rule of 3..........whatever you thought that new garage cost you, triple it!
That would seam to be the case here although I would have appreciated her letting me finish it first!!

Soooo are there any updates on the garage? At least the furniture can stay out of the elements while getting worked on..

And then years down the road, you can go to grandkids stuff & try to figure out how you ever managed it all with your own kids!!

Soooo are there any updates on the garage? At least the furniture can stay out of the elements while getting worked on..
Not really, pecking away at whatever I can until I have the money to move forward.

All done for now, all welding is wrapped up and in primer. Added the the center beam and triangulated the legs. Once we cut White Oak again I'll get the deck down and put up the handrail.

20170828_171121.jpg
20170828_171023.jpg
20170828_171010.jpg
20170828_171004.jpg

I've been ignoring the same request new carpet wallpaper paint told her those r winter projects but i got new interior for 73 rr to do is my next excuse btw im new here thanks for excepting me love MOPARS thanks to my dad rip

All done for now, all welding is wrapped up and in primer. Added the the center beam and triangulated the legs. Once we cut White Oak again I'll get the deck down and put up the handrail.

View attachment 507349 View attachment 507350 View attachment 507351 View attachment 507352

DANG does Devin do some nice work . . . on anything and everything that he does . . . Awesome . . .

You wouldn't walk across the 2x6 beams we had up earlier . . . BUT, will you walk across the I-beams into the upstairs shop ? ? ?

I've been ignoring the same request new carpet wallpaper paint told her those r winter projects but i got new interior for 73 rr to do is my next excuse btw im new here thanks for excepting me love MOPARS thanks to my dad rip
Welcome aboard, thanks for checking in. As for the wife.... happy wife happy life right? Yes I'll put some of it off for winter but I try to fulfill her request since she tolerates my hobby:thumbsup:.

Last edited:
DANG does Devin do some nice work . . . on anything and everything that he does . . . Awesome . . .

You wouldn't walk across the 2x6 beams we had up earlier . . . BUT, will you walk across the I-beams into the upstairs shop ? ? ?
I had several sheets of siding to unload and carried every sheet into the upstairs while walking that 6" wide beam so yes I've been walking it regularly. Big difference in walking a 1.5" thick piece of pine and a 6"X8" I beam, it wasn't the height.... it was the board.

Things are going to get moving soon, scheduled a week off work:D:D:D:D.

Ordered the floor for the house so it will have time to get here and get acclimated to the house prior to my vacation. We're scheduled to cut White Oak before my vacation as well so the bridge will get done and plan on having the 24X24 addition framed that week as well.:thumbsup:

Because we built our entire home literally doing 100% of the labor ourselves (with help from family and friend's) I am still burned out on working on it but this floor has me excited. I was laid off for 5 months when we were building the house so money was tight, we took a bunch of Red Oak and had flooring made out of it (cheap)..... I hate it!! 15 years is a long time to look at an ugly floor and knowing what it will look like is exciting. Here's a peek at it.

Our home is very rustic with a lot of sandstone (from the property) and stained wood siding so hope this goes well with it. I love all the color variation, saw marks and square pegs... lots of character! With the multiple widths some being pretty wide engineered flooring seamed to be a better pick for stability and after looking at it:thumbsup:. It has a thick veneer and is on solid pine vs some junk particle board and has a 100 year warrantee!!! Can't wait, I think the wife is happy to see me excited to work on the house again.

Screenshot_20170828-190740.png
20170828_164334.jpg

This is along time coming but finally the excavator showed up today:thumbsup:. Spent the last month tearing down the old barn (poorly built and falling apart) making room for my new home. A little surprise slowed the process though..... once I pulled it over and started cleaning up the mess I quickly realized it wasn't a wood I was familiar with but was Wormy Chestnut! Anybody who knows me knows I like unusual looking lumber and carefully stickered it all for later use, likely a kitchen table and chairs?? All other wood was burned as rain permitted.

The other slow down came from the foundation, evidently concrete was dirt cheap when this barn was built.... they used no fill but instead leveled the barn with solid concrete!!! 3/4" holes were drilled in the right spots and blown apart with good ol pistol powder, lot's of fun:lol:. I'll be cleaning up concrete 100 ft away for quite a while.

The backhoe finally showed up and got all of the concrete cleaned, he figures he'll be done before the weekend so here we go.
Dude, be careful! Wife wanted the kitchen updated too, after $100,000 remodel I don't need the garage anymore because I can't afford fuel for the Plymouth or the Corvette. Wife is happy though!

20170828_171121-jpg.jpg

Devin . . . did you secure the beams on the rock side of the bridge . . . I'm looking at the picture and I'm not seeing any bolt into the concrete footers that you formed on the rock ? ? ?

Just curious . . .

Devin . . . did you secure the beams on the rock side of the bridge . . . I'm looking at the picture and I'm not seeing any bolt into the concrete footers that you formed on the rock ? ? ?

Just curious . . .
Not yet, I've been kicking around what the best method would be? I'm sure the footers in the ground will likely settle so I don't want it bolted tight, maybe make a sloppy hole and don't torque it down? Also thought about a 90 degree bracket beside it that would allow movement?? It'll get done before the deck goes on.

Auto Transport Service
Back