• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any pics of electroluminescent operating system?

Mike in Boston

Local time
6:09 AM
Reaction score
50 years has not been kind to my dashboard wireing harness. Lots of wires leading nowhere and the power pack for the electroluminescent lights is MIA.
It looks as though someone has just clipped the gauge lamps and wired them all together directly to 12v and put 12v bulbs in.
There must be some special bulbs to go with this system right?
Wondering if anyone has any behind the dash pics of an unmolested harness. &
Lamp system.
Thanks
20161227_200233.jpg

In the 66-67 Charger the only lamps/bulbs you have in the dashboard are the 2x turn signal indicators, 1x hi beam, 1x rotating head lamp indicator. The rest is all electroluminescent.
If you have the electrical schematics that will be a great help in restoring the dashboard.

I have power packs if you need one when you get to that point

The 66/67 charger forum is your friend. What do you need pics of? I got it all here

IMG_2967.JPG IMG_2968.JPG

Pics of the back of the gauge cluster.
Amd Where exactly is the powerpack supposed to be located?
And are the bulbs a/c current special bulbs?

Ok power pack is under glove box liner on bottom of dash as you look in the glove box. Has orange and white wires to it. There are no bulbs in an el system. Confer with mark gibber aka gauge Doc he is go to man for me and excellent customer service.

I'll get pics of back of dash after holiday

Nothing special about the dash bulbs, you can get them anywhere... they are listed in the Service Manual.

What year is your Charger... 66 or 67?

Roger that... I have a full set of photo's for 67, labeling & illustrating the wiring at the back of the gage cluster. I'm at work at the moment (as usual), but I will post those pic's for you here much later this evening, or tomorrow in the AM.

You'd think all 67 Mopar does is sit in front of the computer making nice pictures with words on them

Oh know... I've been exposed!!! :rolleyes:

Actually, I only do it because some folks, like the flatlander in the previous post, require flashcards for some of the bigger words. :lol:

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back