• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody Out There An A Body Guru?

Dont forget to fill the cylinders with penetrating oil and allow to soak before turning the engine by hand.

RUN dont walk and get that puppy! For around $1000-1200 that car is a steal.

Why not just pay the 1300? , for the sake of a hundred bucks maybe two it would just be the right thing to do seeing as this is family.
At any rate, 1300 is a great deal already, and For A Bodies Only is a great site, lots of good build threads, and stickies that will help you through things like disc brake conversions etc...

Why not just pay the 1300? , for the sake of a hundred bucks maybe two it would just be the right thing to do seeing as this is family.
At any rate, 1300 is a great deal already, and For A Bodies Only is a great site, lots of good build threads, and stickies that will help you through things like disc brake conversions etc...
I want to dicker over $300 because he IS family. We're having fun with it. I offered him $1,500 out of the gate but since my son is buying it he barked at me and said he wanted to negotiate with him to help teach him how to negotiate.

So when he asked my son if he would go $1,500, my son said how about $900. When my cousin asked him what happened to the $1,500 your dad offered, my son said "That was his offer, you're negotiating with me now".

Laughed my @ss off.

I want to dicker over $300 because he IS family. We're having fun with it. I offered him $1,500 out of the gate but since my son is buying it he barked at me and said he wanted to negotiate with him to help teach him how to negotiate.

So when he asked my son if he would go $1,500, my son said how about $900. When my cousin asked him what happened to the $1,500 your dad offered, my son said "That was his offer, you're negotiating with me now".

Laughed my @ss off.

:rofl: ATTA BOY!!!

:rofl: ATTA BOY!!!
Yea, this particular son fell about 1/4 of an inch from the tree. My oldest son calls him "Minnie Me".

He secured the deal today at $1,200.

Thanks all for helping put my Runner project on the back burner. The proud new owner of the Duster thinks it's cool to have 2 old Plymouths in the shop.

I would agree.

Yea, this particular son fell about 1/4 of an inch from the tree. My oldest son calls him "Minnie Me".

He secured the deal today at $1,200.

Thanks all for helping put my Runner project on the back burner.

congrats to your boy!!! :thumbsup:

oh and dont bitch. the RR will be sittin there waitn fer ya when you're ready. and now you have an indentured servant. lol :poke:

congrats to your boy!!! :thumbsup:

oh and dont bitch. the RR will be sittin there waitn fer ya when you're ready. and now you have an indentured servant. lol :poke:
Yea, this will be fun to do with him. He will learn tons. I'm proud that a kid of his generation is into this.

BTY welding the frame rail connectors on the Bird this weekend then will shove it out of the way to make room for the the new pony in the stable.

As for being an indentured servant. He has been there for a while.

IMG_0877.JPG

Last edited:
That's great news. Congrats to him. (and you too) It's great to see a young gun bitten by the Mopar bug. See you on FABO.

Hello Gents, anybody out there on FABO?
71 Duster that is in fairly rough shape.
Base model, 318, 3 speed
Any advice is appreciated.
Yea, I'm there as well.
I don't think your tooooo close to me. L.I.N.Y.
Because if you could drive that here I'd give ya 4K, (as it sat in the field) a drive to the airport and plane ticket home.

Yea, I'm there as well.
I don't think your tooooo close to me. L.I.N.Y.
Because if you could drive that here I'd give ya 4K, (as it sat in the field) a drive to the airport and plane ticket home.
You're welcome to come out here and help us pull it onto the trailer if you want. There is sure to be a rattle snake or two involved. A good experience for a New Yorker on any day. If you get past that you'll have to negotiate with my son.

:lol:

$1200 is a fantastic price! Don't let him sneak that RR motor into his new Duster.

That is a funny word...DICKER.
When I sold new cars way back in the mid 80s, guys would come in and use the excuse that they couldn't buy until they spoke with the Wife. One ballsy salesman used to say...."Bring the Wife in, we'll dick her".

You're welcome to come out here and help us pull it onto the trailer if you want. There is sure to be a rattle snake or two involved. A good experience for a New Yorker on any day. If you get past that you'll have to negotiate with my son.

:lol:
I fear your son more than a rattle snake. They give warnings, your son jus may punch me! LMAO!!!!!

You get him working on that car!

Cool beans that you guys got the car. Sure wish more of the young generation showed the interest in cars/mechanical stuff that your son does. I would give just about anything for my sons to want to be out in the garage with me. Video games, sports, and girls are more important though I guess.

Cool beans that you guys got the car. Sure wish more of the young generation showed the interest in cars/mechanical stuff that your son does. I would give just about anything for my sons to want to be out in the garage with me. Video games, sports, and girls are more important though I guess.
I hear you. My oldest son is just like that, he could care less about cars. Bought him a Volvo S60 and he's perfectly fine with it. I'm a Volvo guy too, but not when I was that age.
My younger son is all about the "cool" factor. Rumbling up to school in an early Duster will definitely be cool. You don't see that very often.

I hear you. My oldest son is just like that, he could care less about cars. Bought him a Volvo S60 and he's perfectly fine with it. I'm a Volvo guy too, but not when I was that age.
My younger son is all about the "cool" factor. Rumbling up to school in an early Duster will definitely be cool. You don't see that very often.

A Volvo? That is just crazy. My Dad bought me one to use as a winter car in 1983 when I got my license. Parked my Cuda the first 2 winters, and my Duster the next. Think it was a 144. He had another one that my Mom drove, I believe a 264. He thought they were the safest cars made at the time.

Yea, this will be fun to do with him. He will learn tons. I'm proud that a kid of his generation is into this.

BTY welding the frame rail connectors on the Bird this weekend then will shove it out of the way to make room for the the new pony in the stable.

As for being an indentured servant. He has been there for a while.

View attachment 501661
Is he gonna have his done before you have your RR done! LOL, that pictures doesn't look any different than when I saw it 3 years ago! hahahahahahaha

Auto Transport Service
Back