• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else into bicycles?

One of my brothers is into riding, and he has been going on rides for years - one of the things that he plans on his rides is to try and get in a "century ride" in every state that he rides. In other words, he tries to get a 100 mile bike ride in one day in every state . . . that's pretty cool, but I can' even imagine that ( ouch ! ) . . .
That's why I just laugh when people make fun of the padded shorts and bibs...when you've been on a bike for hours and hours you'd swear there was never a better invention in all history lol!

The only old ones I have now a days

20170614_194638.jpg 20170614_194915.jpg

Hey there fellas, some sweet rides out and about! Keep them comin!

That's why I just laugh when people make fun of the padded shorts and bibs...when you've been on a bike for hours and hours you'd swear there was never a better invention in all history lol!

My brother and I have this conversation every time we ride to the general store for coffee.

How far away can you get from your bike before you feel self conscious lol. Haha, me, it's arm's reach.

I do have a 1998-ish GT full cr-mo rigid 26" mountain bike.

The geometry is no where near a 20" and not nearly as easy or fun to throw around.

I have a long spine and it makes riding "flat" 26 somewhat uncomfortable, and a 20 somewhat top heavy.

I really miss trail riding. Those type of "dry creek bed" style trails I'm used to in OH (about 5 in any direction 5-10 min from house) simply do not exist here in FL.

Current Stable, pictures to follow.

Colnago Master Lite, Rabbobank colors.
GT (Real Gary Turner) ZR1000 Road Bike (White, Blue and Red)
GT (Cannondale) Avalanche Mountain Bike

Past Bikes, LONG list..

In the late 70's and 80's, BMX was king in my neighborhood. The kids in the neighborhood were constantly building and trading bikes and parts. I remember having a Mini-Goose, Team Goose, Super goose, Redline, Kuwahara, and finally a Schwinn Sting in that order. Today I have an all original Giant ATX 780 mountain bike with Deore XT equipment. I bought it the first year Giant started selling in the US under their name.

The above is probably why I'm into building Hot Rods today.

I will work on it, she is Beautiful....

Here she is... I got the frame for a BARGAIN... I was able to build the bike for about half of what it would cost for a new Master Lite.

Colnago 703317.jpg

I had a DG bike also

Got 2 of em to build, lots of NOS. also an 80s cruiser, and 1 krate.
still looking for that huffy monoshock

I had a huffy mono shock
...red....my paper rute was mocomb daily....that money bought me that bike fro. Naum brother's catalogue store....pull a ticket and the bring you the product....barley 1908!!!!

Here she is... I got the frame for a BARGAIN... I was able to build the bike for about half of what it would cost for a new Master Lite.

View attachment 442737

Those Master Lights are pieces of art. Bet it rides like a dream. It's nice building a dream bike at a bargain price. In 2001, i drooled over the LeMond Zurich, which was like $2500; closer to $4500 as I built it.

Here it is 16 years later, cost me about $450 out of pocket. With the 853 steel frame and some carbon, the ride is indescribably good.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back