• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone ever seen a pair of these? '62 Plymouth Rear Bumper Guards

Rolling Thunder

Local time
12:10 AM
Reaction score
Moving stuff around now since new garage built and ran across these bumper guards I forgot about. Were off rear bumper of a loaded out '62 Sport Fury that was parted years ago. Only set I've ever seen. Have seen a few of the front guards but only this pair of rears.

IMG_2280.JPG IMG_2279.JPG

those are damn rare imo...never seen a pair for the rear.

Well I did a little research and actually found the accessory info on them in my '62 parts manual. Seems these are used on front or rear. See pics of manual.

IMG_2293.JPG IMG_2294.JPG

This version of Guards looks to be a late option for the '62's. Noticed the shop manual page date and says "March 8, 1963 supercedes May 1, 1962."

IMG_2295.JPG

I had a set for my '63 Fury that I sold a few years ago. They sold fast on eBay. While they're factory correct for the purist I didn't like how they looked on the car sort of grandpa'd the look. Similar to the guards I removed from my '73 Challenger when they were added to keep the safety folks at bay...

Auto Transport Service
Back