• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Here Cook?

If it's done outside, it's my job, if inside, it's hers. That said, I guess I could survive if I had to.

Yeah, I don't get destroying the kitchen landscape in preparation of food.....simply clean up as one proceeds.

Me too. She even says "I just throw it in the sink and do after the meal."

I do 80% of the cooking at our house. Today's man is expected to be able to prepare the meal as well as hunt it. Wife does 95% of the shopping, and will cook as a last resort. It's ok, because the rule in our house is "he who cooks decides what we eat". 2 months ago wifey brought home whole wheat flour 'cause it's good for us. Screw that - I haven't opened it and it'll rot on the shelf. I promptly went out and bought properly bleached sparkling white flour just like my '50s mom taught me. :)

Not to discredit my wife as she is always on the go, except Saturday is her day to do what she wants. So we order pizza on that evening. She used to make it from scratch, but her hands are arthritic and get soar making up the crust. I'll get around to doing it. She bought several items just make pizza with and they are just sitting. I made onion soup last week. It was great, just peeling the skin off the onion don't have the nack yet. I look at cooking as a resume enhancement if my marriage staus ever changes.

then she leaves the kitchen a mess, hoping maybe I will clean it up. She won't come out to the shop because it is clean, and she knows I'll say something about the kitchen......like I said, it's a sore subject

Yeah, I don't get destroying the kitchen landscape in preparation of food.....simply clean up as one proceeds.

I need a bigger one of these

transparent-green-checkmark-md.png

Cooking isn't a contest. We all have to eat.

However, cooking things properly.....

I have been fortunate in that my grandfather had a restaurant in Paris and I spent a lot of time with him teaching me how to do it....as a result I got to cook every meal at home for the last 40 years :(......but my wife has always done the dishes... happily:thumbsup:

Cook all the time, I'm single and I have a 87 YO mother I care for and a GF that can't boil water. I do specialty meals for our Local Elks Lodge for Charity events and fun events at the Lodge.
Right now I'm making 5 Gallons of Beef Barley Soup for the Las Vegas Bowl between our Ducks and Boise.
I started the Cottage Grove Chili cook-off 20 years ago and last couple of years re-entered and swept the competition in all category's.
This week I made Dungenous Crab stuffed Omelets and the other normal stuff.
Everything from Gumbo to Grilled cheese in any quantity
How about some sausage stuffed pork loin wrapped in Bacon?
8 -1/2 loins serves 100+

Bacon%20loin.jpg

and then she's like, "you should clean the kitchen, because I did the cooking"

and I'm like, WTF?! :icon_fU:

I clean as I go too. Why stand around and watch the food cook, use the time to wash the pots you already used and wipe up the areas. When your done eating and load the DW it's time to relax, not spend a half hour washing stuff.

I clean as I go too. Why stand around and watch the food cook, use the time to wash the pots you already used and wipe up the areas. When your done eating and load the DW it's time to relax, not spend a half hour washing stuff.

I preach "working efficiently" ........ yeah, right

I've been cooking all my life. I enjoy it for the challenge of the process. It's really simply if you follow this one piece of advise I ever received. Mom always said this...."If you can read, then you can cook." Follow it to this day. Make sure to read the entire recipe thoroughly before you begin to give you a game plane then get all your measurements ready and the rest and then go to town. Has worked for all my adult life...cr8crshr/Tuck:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Well even tho the GF isn't a cook she's really good at washing dishes and doing laundry:rofl:

MREs when I get tired of spam and tofu.

Auto Transport Service
Back