• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-Body on Hellcat Chassis

Zell

Local time
5:42 PM
Reaction score
I just read an article where a 69 Charger body was fitted to a Hellcat Chassis:

http://www.thedrive.com/tuned-af/13...1969-dodge-charger-is-a-muscle-car-fans-dream

For those of you interested in swap like this you may want to take a look at the article. Since I like doing metal work, I have to ask if anyone on the forums has done a similar swap, and if you did, how long did it take you?

From a quick pass it seems like it would be easier to just restore a 69 Charger!

I cannot get past the shitty looking wheel openings. I like the 68-70 exterior styling. I know the reasons for the changes but they are not a visual improvement.

I cannot get past the shitty looking wheel openings. I like the 68-70 exterior styling. I know the reasons for the changes but they are not a visual improvement.

I get it insane power , reliability handling and everything else but those big wheels on the car and the wheel well cutouts I don't like either .
Maybe a smaller wheel in there would sway my mind .
It will probably drive insanely great though ..

I don't mind big wheels but late model cars use wheels with almost no depth to them...no "dish".
I like the traditional aftermarket offsets like these:

CH LF.jpg Charger 1.jpg

I just read an article where a 69 Charger body was fitted to a Hellcat Chassis:

http://www.thedrive.com/tuned-af/13...1969-dodge-charger-is-a-muscle-car-fans-dream

For those of you interested in swap like this you may want to take a look at the article. Since I like doing metal work, I have to ask if anyone on the forums has done a similar swap, and if you did, how long did it take you?

From a quick pass it seems like it would be easier to just restore a 69 Charger!

Such mods are for those with more money than common sense. Just whats wrong with the Hell Cat body that one would destroy a old Charger to change it?
Sounds like destroying two good cars to make a Charger, Dodge should be building in the first place.

Yeah, Pete. The red Charger is mine.

1A.JPG 00000003 (2).JPG

Damn that some crazy fab work. Crazy to cut up two valuable cars like that, that project has some budget.

The guy in that video is like Joe Dirt with a regular haircut.

Auto Transport Service
Back