• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B1 engine

pete badersky

Local time
3:39 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, new here. This isn't about B bodies but I am a B body owner. I recently acquired a late 80s Daytona that had been raced in SSAM with a B1/TS in the 1990s. The car ran in the 8.70s. I dont' want to go that fast. I want to run about 10.20s. The TS motor was hurt but it also came with a B1 motor. My plan is to build the B1. Any suggestions on combinations would be welcome. The car is going to be around 3000 lbs. I'm in the earliest stages of considering my options. Thanks.

Welcome from West Virginia. I'm a street car guy, love racing but never participated in it. You might also post this in the racers hangout forum also on this site. There a lot of guys on here that are into racing so I'm sure they will chime in. Good luck!

Welcome, definitely post your questions in either the engine section or racers hangout.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Contact Rich Koffel at Koffels Place in Walled Lake Mi. His Dad (Dave) was the father of B1 Heads. 248-363-5239. There has been discussion that some people have had bad luck with Koffels, I personally have had nothing but good luck with them, they have built 1000’s of big block Mopars thru the years. Welcome from the Motor City!

Last edited:
Welcome from North Carolina and PICS are mandatory here. :lol:

yoda_nopic_on_thread.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back