• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barn Find Coronet 500

Polski99

Local time
10:36 PM
Reaction score
Looking to purchase this Coronet 500 but having problems decoding vin maybe someone has some info..WP23E8W----- matches radiator and rear quarter also.Car looks unmolested with factory air,auto,383 2BBL..Thanks

A couple of things...

WP23 is a valid VIN code - Coronet 500
The "E" is probably an "F" indicating a 318, which would be the standard engine.
W is not a valid plant code. It should be A, G or E.

The VIN number is not on the body of a 68. The sales order number is on the body of a '68. This number should match the last numbers on the bottom row of the fender tag.

Any pictures?

I dont have the fender tag how do I use the radiator number to verify vin..Any contact info..Thanks

I dont have the fender tag how do I use the radiator number to verify vin..Any contact info..Thanks

The only way to tie a body SO number to a VIN on a '68 model year car is to have a document like the broadcast sheet, window sticker, IBM inspection card, dealer invoice, etc that has both numbers on it. There is nothing on the car itself that does that.

welcome to FBBO from the west coast, warm & sunny part of the country

Auto Transport Service
Back