• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bat **** Crazy Neighbor

Here's one for you that just happened about two weeks ago in our residential neighborhood. A family in a house across the street and 3 houses down are rather strange. The husband/father likes to walk around talking to himself and he will say hello and makes off the wall comments sometimes. His wife doesn't talk to anyone and I can't say I have seen their kids who are in the early 20s talk to any neighbors. They have a large German Shephard that barks alot. The neighbor right next door could not go out in her side yard because the dog would try to go over the 4 foot high cinder block fence to get her so she had to get a contractor in to raise the wall to 6 feet. Two weeks ago, the neighbor (Don) just across the street was out hand watering some plants in his front yard with a hose. The guy came across the street with his German Shephard and told "Don" his dog hates water and said he wanted to get his dog use to running water. He let the dog go and the dog attacked Don, tearing up his hand. Animal control was called and the owner was issued a citation/fine and had to post his property of a dangerous dog. The dog has to be muzzled and under control when outside now. Don ended up at the hospital and his hand was stitched up. It's still wrapped up and may require physical therapy. We saw the photos and the dog really laid his hand open. The dog owner's insurance company has contacted Don and will pay all medical bills. They want to settle but I think Don will get an attorney. What was the knucklehead thinking to let his dog go?
Terry W.

Explains my neighbor perfectly.

FB_IMG_1711329616612.jpg

I have a crazy neighbor. He hates me because I bought a piece of property next to him that came up for sale that he originally passed on. This was a farm lot and it turned out that for years he had been mowing an extra 50’ over his property line. I confronted him about the mowing and he really lost it when I wouldn’t sell him that extra 50’.

In addition, we have roughly 150' wide lots. On garbage day once my kids became old enough to drive and started parking in the street. Again, in front of our own house. He started placing all his garbage, compost etc on my side of his driveway. He puts it far enough from the curb so the garage men don't miss it, but my kids can't pull away without moving it if there is a second vehicle behind the first where they can back up to go around. It is right in front of our vehicles.
The first week he did it early in the day. I took my trash out later in the evening after dinner and noticed it. I kindly placed it all on his side of his driveway so my kids could get out to leave. I looked out my window before I went to bed and it was back on my side. So, I went back out and kindly moved it back to his side thinking he would get the point. Nope, back on my side the next morning.
His yard is on the opposite side of the driveway as pictured.
He has been doing this for years now. I don't ever even say anything or talk to him. I just let him be an idiot.

View attachment 1645313

View attachment 1645314

View attachment 1645315

View attachment 1645316

View attachment 1645317

Run over it.

Simple.

It's in the street right of way.

Might even be a code violation.

A few times of cleaning it up (I bet he does cause he's got OCD symptoms), and he might figure it out.

Me personally would put back on his side of driveway and then "slice" the bag so a hefty moment happens when neighbor picks it up

In addition, we have roughly 150' wide lots. On garbage day once my kids became old enough to drive and started parking in the street. Again, in front of our own house. He started placing all his garbage, compost etc on my side of his driveway. He puts it far enough from the curb so the garage men don't miss it, but my kids can't pull away without moving it if there is a second vehicle behind the first where they can back up to go around. It is right in front of our vehicles.
The first week he did it early in the day. I took my trash out later in the evening after dinner and noticed it. I kindly placed it all on his side of his driveway so my kids could get out to leave. I looked out my window before I went to bed and it was back on my side. So, I went back out and kindly moved it back to his side thinking he would get the point. Nope, back on my side the next morning.
His yard is on the opposite side of the driveway as pictured.
He has been doing this for years now. I don't ever even say anything or talk to him. I just let him be an idiot.

View attachment 1645313

View attachment 1645314

View attachment 1645315

View attachment 1645316

View attachment 1645317
I have a beater and would just run over that crap....cans and all then yell at him for putting them so close to the front end of my truck that I couldn't see them.

My wife says "To have good neighbors, you have to be one." Thank God, all of ours are good ones. We did have one drug infested couple living across the street for a couple years but they are now both in the "Big" house getting free room and board and a young couple with two kids moved in. All is well in my neck of the woods.

Rural road here. Just old men who think they own the main road and want to police your speed etc. Kind of silly.

I live in a little lake community, so everybody pretty much knows each other. Not really a bay **** crazy neighbor, but a sad tale of demise due to dementia. Mr Bill, a longtime resident, was doing some crazy stuff, he would take out his truck and drive about 5 miles an hour around and around the neighborhood. He was looking for the post lady, because he liked to put a bottle of water in his mailbox for her, and wanted to make sure it was fresh when she delivered his mail. Problem was, she would come at all hours of the day, so he would drive around for hours looking for her mail truck. He would also drive up to the party store, about 2 blocks away, and hang around there for hours at a time. He hit a couple of cars in separate incidents while backing out of his parking spot, then jump out of his truck and walk home, and wait a couple hours, then ask the neighbor next to him to go up and get his truck. Since everybody knew him, even the cops, this didn’t play out well, and he was “banned” from the store, and told by the cops not to drive anymore. None of that registered with him tho, and he would just continue to do it again and again. His son eventually had to intervene and put him in a home, which was sad, but necessary. He was a sweet guy, but he was like a St. Bernard, he would show up at your house, walk right up in the middle of what you were doing, and ask….”what are you doing”? Then just stand right in the way. He was supposed to be using his cane to walk, but refused to do so and fell many times before his son stepped in. Sad to say, he passed away in the assisted living center with no memory left at all, and the grandson moved into his house.

I've done city, I've done subdivision....
Now, my nearest neighbor is a quarter mile away - and downhill by a couple hundred feet
in elevation, too. We own to the ridge, so short of an invasion by folks that can walk straight up steep
slopes, no worries from behind either.

Further, the one that bought my dads' old place is absentee for the most part (but we get along fine),
so that's an old abandoned farmhouse that I haven't set foot in since he died 15 years ago...
he asked me once if I'd like to walk through it one last time before his future planned demo of it and I declined.
"Hell man, I helped build the damn thing. I don't need to see it destroyed, thanks."

On the other side, there's the nice old farm with a log cabin from the 1800's on it that the elderly neighbor
owned. When he passed it on to his commie daughter, she and her husband (both drunk stoners and about
a half-decade younger than me) decided to take that free property and turn it into a B&B (free money,
they thought...).
I always helped the old man look after things, especially when he went out of town to visit grandkids and
such - so I tried to do the same for her at first, mostly because he asked me to.
Tried being the operative word - she proceeded to break borrowed tools, demand stuff and generally behave
like the entitled, spoiled little bitch she always had been (his fault, I know, he raised her....didn't mean any
of the rest of us had to put up with her, though).

I deal with them the best way you can in such a situation - totally ignore them for the most part, really.
Their business enterprise hasn't really been an issue (meaning, it hasn't been very fruitful) and they only
come out from Knoxville to sometimes clean the house and mow a little, letting the rest of the property go
to pot (the fields up by us commonly grow over 5 feet tall in summer, on their side of the fence).
Otherwise, no worries at all - I made sure to both a)let them understand how much of a "2A" fan I am :)
and b)that I give no quarter to any rowdy or otherwise disrespectful customers of theirs.

The rest of the half-dozen neighbors on our little one lane county road know us to be friendly and me specifically
to be one always willing to take care of our road and otherwise come running when any of them holler.
As a result, things stay pretty damn quiet out here - even the bad guys out there know enough not to come out
our way, which is how I like it. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back