• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bench Seat Spring Repair

dburkett8

Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
I am hoping someone can give me some info

I have a 71 charger front bench seat that has 2 broken springs under the driver section. I cant find replacement springs. Does anyone have a technique or know of a substitute type of spring?

Dane

I am hoping someone can give me some info

I have a 71 charger front bench seat that has 2 broken springs under the driver section. I cant find replacement springs. Does anyone have a technique or know of a substitute type of spring?

Dane
Find an old school upholstery shop. They might have used springs that will fit. I had a broken spring and my upholstery shop had a used one that worked.

Old school trick, find some thin but stiff wire (not too thin but no coat hanger).
Wrap around broken piece numerous times and other piece as well basically tying them together. Works for weak springs as well.
Other than finding an old seat on ebay or swap meet which there are plenty of, that would be the least expensive way.

Auto Transport Service
Back