• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best "Chrome" Refacing Pen for Dash and Bezels

Hi All-

Just finished restoring may dash- used "chrome" pens from MOLOTOW LIQUID CHROME.

Easy to use and great finish.

https://www.molotow.com/magazine/molotow-liquid-chrometm/

Friendly supplier- http://artprimo.com/catalog/molotow-liquid-chrome-4mm-marker-p-4634.html
File_000.jpeg

Thanks for the tip. When applying with the pen, are you able to make multiple passes, or is it best to just draw one swipe ? Trying to decide on tip size.

Thanks for the tip. When applying with the pen, are you able to make multiple passes, or is it best to just draw one swipe ? Trying to decide on tip size.

One swipe, dont touch it again until 12-24 hours later- you will make a mess- practice on the back of the bezel- make sure you shake the pen as instructed and get extra nibs (tips)- if you touch a black area you can wipe it of and retouch once fully dry- Get the 4 mm tip and a 2 mm tip- you can get extra tips and cut them to suit your angle- it worked very well for me- you need a steady hand.

Thank you for those pointers. Need this for the RR dash and my Grand National vents.

Most of the chrome trim on my '69 Road Runner is badly deteriorated. I just assumed I'd live with it, but this gives me some hope and incentive.

According to the video, it looks like you CAN go over to fill in.
What are the tips made of being as you say you can cut them?
Based on what you can tell from this picture, would you guess a 2 or 4mm?
I may even give it a try on the headrest chrome trim.

Last edited:
The tips or nibs as they call them are fiber, similar to a sharpie marker, i would get a 2 and a 4, maybe some extras, they are fairly cheap

:thumbsup: It gets my approval.

Just got my pen yesterday and used it today. It's the closest thing you can get to rechroming. Hard to tell it's not chrome.

Auto Transport Service
Back