• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blue dye for seats?

74gtx

Local time
7:25 AM
Reaction score
Hi all. Does anybody know if there is a dye that would match vinyl seats for a 74? I dint know the name if the color of the interior. The car is b5 blue. I bought a buddy seat I would like to make it match as close as possible. Thanks. Mike

If you find out let me know. My 69 Charger had some interior parts painted with a can of Auto Zone blue. Besides not being a good match they are sticky in the heat.

I used vinyl fabric paint on my sun visors that turned out looking like they weren't painted came out looking nice; but I also found you can scratch the paint without a whole lot of effort. Was thinking of painting the vinyl on a modified center console and rear panels but thinking now about the scratch deal. Maybe others posting have advice and I'm all ears too.

Legendary interiors makes a cover for the buddy seat that is very reasonable, plus 15% off this week.

I need to comment on the Herb's paints.

I've been singing their praises for quite some time, but...

A few months ago, I ordered the only 67 blue they offer and the 73 green (the most common Mopar interior color of all time).

Neither was even close.

Very disappointing at about $30 a can after shipping.

Both cars are unmolested with original interiors.

I got a MUCH closer match to the 73 green from Krylon "Italian Olive" at wal-mart!

Yes the shipping charge kills you!

I need to comment on the Herb's paints.

I've been singing their praises for quite some time, but...

A few months ago, I ordered the only 67 blue they offer and the 73 green (the most common Mopar interior color of all time).

Neither was even close.

Very disappointing at about $30 a can after shipping.

Both cars are unmolested with original interiors.

I got a MUCH closer match to the 73 green from Krylon "Italian Olive" at wal-mart!
I had the same problem with their "Dark Blue".

Thanks Ranger almost ordered some Dark Blue for visors dash pad ect.

Here's my 2 cents worth, when I contacted Herbs years ago about using there dye, they said if you only do one area it may not match up with the rest of the car. This is because after 40 years or so out in the sun your cars interior has faded its original color. Which make sense to me.

Nope.

Sorry.

Thanks everyone. Just got the seat delivered and it has been painted already with black dye. Looks horrible and is very sticky. Gonna try the year one route as suggested. Thanks again! Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back