• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bourbon—The All-American Spirit

In fact, it could be said if it's not a single barrel bourbon it is a blend of different barrels from the same mash bill that could be of different ages.
True that. Bookers comes to mind. All bourbon but from different barrels, warehouses, and floors. It is still considered bourbon because it follows all the bourbon guidelines as far as New American White oak barrels and distilled and matured in the same distillery etc. They call it small batch which is just a name and has no regulations as to use.

Good point on the 'small batch' designation we see a lot. There is no 'legal' definition, so small batch can be anywhere from 2 to 5000+ barrels, depending on the distillery. It's more of a marketing term. 'Single barrel' means just that, everything else is a blend.

Just got contacted by a local liquor store owner about a Elijah Craig Barrel Pick. He got the samples in and I hope he let's us help pick.

Just got contacted by a local liquor store owner about a Elijah Craig Barrel Pick. He got the samples in and I hope he let's us help pick.
It's a deal. Ted (a whiskey tasting buddy) and I are driving south about an hour to do some single barrel tasting. Hopefully I can get my Facebook Group name on the pick. This is going to be fun.
The hottest one is 136 proof. Perfect.
Barrel Pick 7.21.21.jpg

Last edited:

It's a deal. Ted (a whiskey tasting buddy) and I are driving south about an hour to do some single barrel tasting. Hopefully I can get my Facebook Group name on the pick. This is going to be fun.
The hottest one is 136 proof. Perfect.
View attachment 1141734

We did it. Our Barrel pick will get bottled and have my Facebook group name on it, Waterloo Spirit Chasers.It will be barrel proof @ 133.5 proof.

20210721_155630.jpg 20210721_162124.jpg 20210721_162132.jpg 20210721_172622.jpg

Last edited:
I want 4. Please advise.
I should probably take the purchase info out of my post. Fed x is about the only shipper that will allow alcohol and it's usually $45+ a box which may be cost prohibitive.

Last edited:
You pack it up real well and tell them it's olive oil. I got a shipment from a distributor in Europe, the customs form stated 'decorative glass'.

You pack it up real well and tell them it's olive oil. I got a shipment from a distributor in Europe, the customs form stated 'decorative glass'.
:thumbsup::thumbsup: I have saved some of the special bubble wrap from bottles I have gotten in the past. I will surely put you down for some if you re interested.

Auto Transport Service
Back