• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake light problem

plumkrazy

Local time
8:21 AM
Reaction score
1968 Satellite have a brake light problem. The brake lights work during the day when the headlights and tail lights are off. Once I turn on the head lights only the right brake light comes on and the left side taillight goes off. turn signals do work with light on or off. any help would be appreciated.

Check all ur grounds in the rear,run an extra just for helluva it. Check the filaments in the bulbs(broken&touching each other?)

Check all ur grounds in the rear,run an extra just for helluva it. Check the filaments in the bulbs(broken&touching each other?)
I just had this problem. All my grounds and filaments were good. The bulb wasn't turned in all the way. It's a double filament bulb with separate circuits. Turn your lights on and turn signal and play with the bulb and see if she lights up. A little dielectric grease will help too.

+1... Also the cardboard divider where the 2contacts are in the socket & the spring below it could be binding up.

I just had this problem. All my grounds and filaments were good. The bulb wasn't turned in all the way. It's a double filament bulb with separate circuits. Turn your lights on and turn signal and play with the bulb and see if she lights up. A little dielectric grease will help too.
Ok thanks I'll try them all

Do you have a turn signal indicator on your dash that stays on? If so that's the side you are having an issue with.

Auto Transport Service
Back