• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bruzilla Got Paid!

Bruzilla

Local time
12:06 PM
Reaction score
I checked the mail today and found a check from the clerk of the circuit court for $499.65 that's my first restitution payment from my POS mechanic. He's still locked up so I'm guessing his wife is having to sell his stuff off to get the money. :)

As I was depositing the check into the ATM I couldn't help but remember the day I went to his shop and told him I wanted a refund and he said "there's no way you're getting a refund!" :)

I gotta tell ya, your willingness to spend the time and money to go after this a$$hole is impressive. I wouldn't want you on my bad side. I'll be careful from now on.
Seriously though, I hope you can get some more restitution from this crook. He's right where he belongs.

It didn't cost me a dime aside from paying $2 two times to park at the state's attorney's office. :) The guys who went the civil court route had to pay $$$ but criminal court is free.

Last edited:
It didn't cost me a dime aside from paying $2 two times to park at the state's attorney's office. :) The guys who went the civil court route had to pay $$$ but criminal court is free.
Your time is worth money, I know mine is.

Bru, Congrats and a long time due for sure

Congrats for holding the guy relentlessly accountable. Justice served! Justice paid!

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Fantastic!

woohoo.gif

Wow Bru!
THAT is truly encouraging to hear!
Glad you are getting revenge/restitution
I'd go and visit him just for kicks!

Ha Ha

That will help to pay the HOA fines for having the car in the driveway now that it is no longer "evidence" in a criminal case. LOL

Glad your persistence paid off. I talked to this guy about doing some work on my car, but never took it too him S&L Restorations recommended him highly and he was doing all their work at one time. It seemed like a pretty decent family business the time I stopped by. I believe his wife looked almost Amish that day. I was looking for some specialty bolts one time and stopped by is shop and he gave them to me free. I probably owe you $2.00 for the free parts he gave me he bought with your money.

Pugh's on Lennox in Jacksonville has done a lot of work for me and specializes in cars from the 40's to 70's. Stop by and look around if you have not done so. They seem to be pretty fair and knowledgeable. They are 100% old car guys. They have some pretty interesting cars for sale, but not much in the way of Mopars.

I wish I could get a check! At least things are moving forward for you. I still can't get past go.

Well, aside from lost time, I really didn't lose much. By buying the parts car, getting the engine, trans, and all the parts I needed to do the swap, then selling off what I didn't need, I was able to get a much better engine in the car, with a better rear set up, and still have about $800 for other nick nacks.

The only issue I wish I had known about was the brakes being gunked up from the car sitting for so long, as that cost wasn't figured into the restitution figure, but it's not too big a deal.

How many more installment payments to go ?

good for you, isn't it some 3 years later now,
since you originally took the car there ?...

Winning !!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back