• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bulkhead connector question

wsutard

Local time
5:16 AM
Reaction score
As part of my process for rebuilding my engine harness I cleaned up my existing male bulkhead connector. There ended up being "sediment" at the bottom of the connector that I scraped out of there. Was that some kind of insulator at one point? It was gross looking, seemed like it had been in there a long time and covered the entire bottom part of the connector. Sort of s ama like it was a gasket or something. After 50 years I can't tell.

Should I replace this gunk with a gasket of some sort or just say "eff it" and slap it back on the bulkhead?

Last edited:
There were black foam gaskets in the connectors that plug on the bulkhead connector

There were black foam gaskets in the connectors that plug on the bulkhead connector
Well that must have been what I cleaned out of there. ****. Any suggestions as to what to put back in? I doubt I can find just those gaskets.

Auto Transport Service
Back