• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bumping an ad

moparfanUSA

Local time
12:40 AM
Reaction score
Joey, I put "bump" in a for sale ad awhile ago, and I get an admin telling me I cannot do that...why? That means I have to put in something like "still for sale" what difference does it make?

It doesn't really matter what you put in unless its answering a question about the item.
You can't bump your own ad it's in the rules in the for sale section. Only gold members can bump their ads every three days.

If everyone bumped their own adverts all the time, the new ones would sink out of view. However, being a GOLD member has some privileges, and one includes being allowed to Bump their own advert.
Comments are not allowed by anyone (even I got told off for doing it once by mistake...lol) - simply because it clogs up a thread with irrelevant text and makes reading adverts more time-consuming, and therefore less likely to hold a potential Buyer's attention.

Joey, I put "bump" in a for sale ad awhile ago, and I get an admin telling me I cannot do that...why? That means I have to put in something like "still for sale" what difference does it make?

"Still for sale" would still be considered a bump.

I guess I will post my ads elsewhere

A related question if I may

If I do have a for sale add and it say hasn't had any action for close to the 60 day (I think its 60 now), before the add becomes closed can I 'bump' by saying its still for sale? or should I open a new add?

I know the rule says no bumping for non members but being so close to the add inactive date so close would this be acceptable/overlooked? I'm not trying to be a smart ***, I just wouldn't want to get into trouble if I did that.

Oh! Want adds! I will be opening a want add when I get back from holidays. Do the same rules apply about the bumping? I must admit I have not looked.

PS I don't have any for sale posts here at the moment but may have a couple items people may be interested in in the future.

Bumps are a benefit for supporting the site with more than just commentary.... You get back what you put in...

Add = Shortened from the word Addition.
Ad = Shortened from the word Advertise.
There are no "Sale Adds". This is like saying that you want to ad something to the stew.

Ok, well critiqued but id still like an honest answer to the question please.

PS Maybe when someone posts they have something to sale you'll correct that too

Btw I'm no English major and you know what I was talking about right?

Ok, well critiqued but id still like an honest answer to the question please.

PS Maybe when someone posts they have something to sale you'll correct that too

Btw I'm no English major and you know what I was talking about right?

Something to sale or to sell ? :poke:

If I do have a for sale add and it say hasn't had any action for close to the 60 day (I think its 60 now), before the add becomes closed can I 'bump' by saying its still for sale? or should I open a new add?

New ad. I would suggest that if nobody posted in the thread for 60 days, there is a good chance the price is too high or there aren't enough photos or something.

Joey,
How about an ad 60 days old can you post a price drop on it?

Joey,
How about an ad 60 days old can you post a price drop on it?

No. If you have a meaningful price drop, then post it. That wont be seen as bumping. Drop the price 50 cents, then we'll see it as a bump.

Wanted....for sale....trade....it's all in the same forum/section which is the classified section and the rules are evenly applied to that forum/section. Clear as mud? :D

Auto Transport Service
Back