• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Butchered Super Bird on Ebay (obviously not mine)

Barnfind....lol.....more like restoration dream gone wrong....

Too many missing things to make this a high dollar contender.....

Cool to see a V code and warrants a restoration but the "buy in" price and restoration cost will hurt and put it into a potential loss category....

90k price and what do you guys think it will take to bring it back? Another $90k?

"I'm sorry to have to say, the owner pointed out that the car is wearing what is believed to have always been on the car - 14" rally road wheels. they have never been removed from the car as far as he knows."

And the car has 100k on it. I want a set of those tires!

Bought a 1970 Challenger about 7 years ago that had a date coded tires of 1969 that still held air !! Lol

6pk, dana, 4-spd and all the hard to find stuff still there. I'm thinking if you got it for 90k you'd be doing ok. I don't think it would take another 90k to do it right but that depends on who does it. If you sent it out to have every piece "restored" then ya, maybe. But if you're handy enough to do a good portion yourself I think 50k would cover sheet metal, body and paint, the interior, engine rebuild and all the misc. parts.

I'm going to buy a used car lot, build a barn with no doors, only a curtain. Every car on the lot drives into the barn, I walk around, peek into the curtain, "find" the car and park it. Every car will be a barn find!!!! :/

I'm pretty sure that's how these sellers do it.

the price is high.. a tad..

90k price and what do you guys think it will take to bring it back? Another $90k?
The Aero guys are a select group and they restore those cars one particular way.....a buy in price around 60-90k is not for a home restorer first and foremost....The hobbyists with that kind of coin are going to spend the coin to do the paint and body and/or finish the whole car....

A restoration adds up quick....Found a v-code Superbird, console 4 speed, dana car for a friend and paid 75k. Is numbers matching front to back and is currently being restored and sending the dash, console, and steering column out is over 12k. It's over the top but at least it will be perfect. There is a big difference in DIY resto and Pro resto... now add the Glen ray radiator re-build, complete brake system resto, wiper motor, alternator, starter, engine, carbs, distributor, dana, interior, trans. and on and on. nick- nack- bricka -brack... 90k to start on this one is just crazy...considering what it'll be worth in the end and what it takes to make it right. I'd say its 50-55k the way it is...

A restoration adds up quick....Found a v-code Superbird, console 4 speed, dana car for a friend and paid 75k. Is numbers matching front to back and is currently being restored and sending the dash, console, and steering column out is over 12k. It's over the top but at least it will be perfect. There is a big difference in DIY resto and Pro resto... now add the Glen ray radiator re-build, complete brake system resto, wiper motor, alternator, starter, engine, carbs, distributor, dana, interior, trans. and on and on. nick- nack- bricka -brack... 90k to start on this one is just crazy...considering what it'll be worth in the end and what it takes to make it right. I'd say its 50-55k the way it is...
A true OE paint job by the known professionals will run 80-100k alone depending on bodywork....

Your friends V code being completely matchings numbers is comparing apples to oranges with this car...It is so nice to hear that he is going the extra mile to do a piece of history, right!

A true OE paint job by the known professionals will run 80-100k alone depending on bodywork....

Your friends V code being completely matchings numbers is comparing apples to oranges with this car...It is so nice to hear that he is going the extra mile to do a piece of history, right!
80-100k is INSANE, I knew it could be expensive but didn’t know it would get that expensive.

I'm going to buy a used car lot, build a barn with no doors, only a curtain. Every car on the lot drives into the barn, I walk around, peek into the curtain, "find" the car and park it. Every car will be a barn find!!!! :/

I'm pretty sure that's how these sellers do it.

Don't forget to throw some dirt on them! :lol:

I know of a guy up here that sent his 69 Charger out for restoration .. just to do the sheetmetal.. which pretained to just about everything.. No filler.. no primer.. Just metal. he was into it for 50 gs.. when he pulled the car.. because of not being able to afford the completion.. he did ask how much to complete.. another 50gs..

the sad part.. now it sits,, eventually it will fade back to the beginning..

Apparently it is expensive to replicate Chryslers crappy factory finish lol
Speaking first hand. Yes it is very expensive....think about it....I had to retrain a painter doing flawless paint jobs to do the complete opposite....My X alone utilized 8 different colors....So the car got sprayed 8 times to certain levels....Is time and prep free? They had to prep 8 different times....They also had to incorporate runs, sags, fisheyes, debris, dip lines, overspray etc....again more time to prep...

Hence time to prep and material costs adds up which increases cost...

Speaking first hand. Yes it is very expensive....think about it....I had to retrain a painter doing flawless paint jobs to do the complete opposite....My X alone utilized 8 different colors....So the car got sprayed 8 times to certain levels....Is time and prep free? They had to prep 8 different times....They also had to incorporate runs, sags, fisheyes, debris, dip lines, overspray etc....again more time to prep...

Hence time to prep and material costs adds up which increases cost...

You could have flown me down, I would have replicated the runs and drips perfectly for some beer and food! Lol

I know how expensive it is :p

Last edited:
"There is a FY1 V Code 4 Speed for sale on the internet right now for over $230K! (And it’s a bench seat car!) You can own and build this car for a fraction of the cost!" Don't know how anyone is going to do that starting out paying 90,000 for it...

"There is a FY1 V Code 4 Speed for sale on the internet right now for over $230K! (And it’s a bench seat car!) You can own and build this car for a fraction of the cost!" Don't know how anyone is going to do that starting out paying 90,000 for it...
99/100 is a fraction !!!! :rofl:

Auto Transport Service
Back