• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Butchered Super Bird on Ebay (obviously not mine)

Add says fender tag, broadcast sheet, etc are missing and engine has no #s stamped. Just curious how would you know if it is actually a V code Superbird?

80-100k is INSANE, I knew it could be expensive but didn’t know it would get that expensive.
And anybody paying that much!!:eek: Forgive me but doesn't a "correct" paint job mean not a great one? I've always known the original paint jobs to be so so? My hats off to those who go to the extreme of doing it right but 80-100K for paint:realcrazy:.

Since it's a bird, the author just had to get that word in there.

"The motor was strong running prior to being plucked from the Superbird but a correct rebuild and complete teardown was planned."

In order to understand a wing car paint job you may want to look at a build thread over on DC,com. Labeled hemigeno Daytona restoration. Which is in my books the most correctly built wing car around.....

Remember, the cars left to go to creative industries and they sprayed the front components. They are very detailed restorations to do....

Auto Transport Service
Back