• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cal tracs

greenmachine

Local time
4:10 AM
Reaction score
Hi. Anyone here running Calvert split mono leaf springs with cal-tracs?

How are they for the street? I kinda like the pro touring look and would want to drop them an inch or two.

On my 67 R/T...I raised the rearend with the inch over mono as the 66/67 tend to look low. Very happy

Hi greenmachine, I used the entire CalTrac kit/set minus the shocks and I like them very much and they made a heck of a difference on the whole suspension attitude as well as overall handeling although they are loud inside the car because of solid hangar bushings and I suppose you could change to urethane bushings but I really don't mind the noise because it's setup basically as a straightline machine and only drive it for Drag style performance and that's exactly how they work. Don't know what your car is performance wise but if you are thinking pro touring (and I thing that means different things to different people) you might want to look at the 4-link independent style kits. I personally would use CalTrac again on a similar build due to my usage style. 512 low deck w/4-sp and dana60 4:10. Would be nice to build a similar car though with all the fancy ($$$) stuff like big *** brakes and independent rear axle and coil over stuff with one of the rack and pinion kits like a canyon runner, or around these parts the old timers call them Whiskey Runners. Good luck
How are they for the street? I kinda like the pro touring look and would want to drop them an inch or two.

Auto Transport Service
Back