• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California Natural Disasters

WileERobby

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:36 AM
Reaction score
Now watching the devastation of mudslides, it seems different types of disasters unfortunately impact the state over and over. Mudslides, rainstorm floods, expansive fires, earthquakes, drought, etc. It's like if it's not one thing, it's the other. Hope any & all there are ok and not impacted by these events. What are the thoughts of those who are residents over there ? Anybody been affected ? Prayers for the families affected.

These things have been happening for years in California. It's the population, building in these areas that have become the problem.
Prayers for the victims.

In my mind, the beautiful weather always costs ya in the end. I was out there twice & loved it. Even with embers flying around from the Santa Anna’s.

Now watching the devastation of mudslides, it seems different types of disasters unfortunately impact the state over and over. Mudslides, rainstorm floods, expansive fires, earthquakes, drought, etc. It's like if it's not one thing, it's the other. Hope any & all there are ok and not impacted by these events. What are the thoughts of those who are residents over there ? Anybody been affected ? Prayers for the families affected.
Well said & thank you...

I agree 1000%

The loss of life & affect on peoples lives is the main concern. But these things have to be taking their toll on all the classic cars tucked away too.

The loss of life & affect on peoples lives is the main concern. But these things have to be taking their toll on all the classic cars tucked away too.
It's a mess all around me from the fires the last THREE years. This was going to be a high school auto shop project but it and the SCHOOL burned up.
image.jpg

This is typical of the neighborhoods that were DESTROYED.
image.jpg

Tree by Hwy 101 says a lot.
image.jpg

I've seen video's about DEW direct energy weapons being used out there. Whats up with that ?

Yes, in the late 60's-early 70's, I lived in San Diego for a brief while back then. I returned to the same area 4 years ago, the transformation was astonishing ! Areas that were wide open back then, now had development crammed into every nook and cranny.

And that a big problem. Developer building where no building sould have ever been built.
Reguardless it be California or Florida its how many homes can be put there and whats to profit.
No reguards for the inpact. Insurance Co. and goverment continue handing out money and the process continues over and over again.

I was born and raised in California, and my family still lives there. As far as these natural disasters go, a lot of them are heavily influenced by humans. The drought shouldn’t surprise anyone as southern CA has a desert/semi-arid Mediterranean climate. Even in good times they need water sent in via the aqueducts from up north and the Colorado river to support the population.

One of the largest issues with the fires was the transplant of non-indigenous eucalyptus trees in the 1850s. They are known in other parts of the world as gasoline trees because of the highly flammable oils they produce. They are even known to explode and cause catastrophic firestorms.

The mudslides are mostly a problem because just like mopar3b pointed out developers built houses and other structures where they shouldn’t have. The demand for housing has driven reckless building practices that lead to disaster for the people unfortunate enough to buy them.

Can’t do much to prevent an earthquake, but some of the other disasters are pretty predictable based on the climate and geology of the state. It’s sad to see people’s lives and home destroyed by these disasters, but many are willing to overlook a lot of these things to live there. Without comment on the citizenry or politics, it’s one of the nicest place to live. Something like less than 2% of the habitable world shares it’s mild and comfortable year-round weather.

CA is a tough place to live. Yeah we have nice weather and lots of amenities - but we also have a lot to deal with here on the negative side. All the catastrophic events afore mentioned, along with all the illegal immigration, high taxes, liberal politics and I could go on and on. But we also contribute immeasurably to the U.S. economy and culture of the country. We should be praying for those impacted by all the CATs that have occurred in the last few years. We have to bury our dead and rebuild just like any other area/country hit by a disaster. There are many parts of the U.S. that get hit by natural disasters and a lot of support is needed and prayers are heeded. Pls pray for California like you would any other state. We need the support.

I think you'll all agree if I said that California is a natural disaster besides it's natural disasters!

I think you'll all agree if I said that California is a natural disaster besides it's natural disasters!
I believe California is a moron-made disaster.
Moron voters and moron politicians.

Auto Transport Service
Back