• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California Natural Disasters

Stupid stuf happens everywhere. In Missouri we have homes built in undermined areas, in river flood plains, on fill that use to be creek beds. I even live in a flood plain basin and have had neighbors go under water. My back yard has gone under but water has to clear the top of the dam buy a few feet for the water level to get to the house.
I have have got to ask how many of you live below a flood plain dam, resovoir or in a river flood plain. My suggestion would be to do some asking. Just might find yourself living in one of these areas and not even know it.
Don't let what happened in California happen to you.

BDF6: "I believe California is a moron-made disaster.
Moron voters and moron politicians."

BDF6; I respect that you have an opinion on the subject but find that it's pretty immature to throw a blanket over ALL California politicians and ALL California voters. Seems to be very much like saying that ALL people of a certain race or nationality or background think and act exactly the same. Your thinking doesn't show any tolerance for diversity. Pretty boring...

Stupid stuf happens everywhere. In Missouri we have homes built in undermined areas, in river flood plains, on fill that use to be creek beds. I even live in a flood plain basin and have had neighbors go under water. My back yard has gone under but water has to clear the top of the dam buy a few feet for the water level to get to the house.
I have have got to ask how many of you live below a flood plain dam, resovoir or in a river flood plain. My suggestion would be to do some asking. Just might find yourself living in one of these areas and not even know it.
Don't let what happened in California happen to you.

I believe that's ready happened, and a flood waiting to happen. It's called the town of Natomas, built on the other side of a delta dyke holding back the Sac river. Sorry CA. guys, just check the facts, the town should have never been built. They're living on a ticking time bomb. I'm sure there others in the state? Really sad!

You can also take me off that "very long list" that
I & many others certainly won't & don't agree with you at all...
I'd think most here actually disagree with you,
"not all California or lets alone Californians are as you claim or think"
in all the constant & tiresome, now lame Calif. Bashing BS...
Every opportunity you can...
Some/most here think "that **** gets really old, really fast"
Beating a dead horse oldies.gif

I think you'll all agree if I said that California is a natural disaster besides it's natural disasters!

Last edited:
People live where they do for many reasons.
As far as climate and extreme weather goes I kinda like where I am (northwest Oregon). Well --we did have a volcano here 38 years ago but I washed the ash fall from my cars with no lasting problems.
Today is in the fifties and wet. --The days are getting longer now and soon the temps will climb into the nineties for a few days at a time. (but it will not be a wet heat).
I chose to live in my house on my street with the weather the sky gives me.
I do not go to downtown Portland (for example) because it has become a "SHITHOLE"--(a manner of speaking).
Portland is just a town. I do not chose to live there. Oregon is a big state with much to offer. My choice to not live on the zit.

Last edited:
View attachment 559210
Was that horse dead before they started beating it?

People live where they do for many reasons.
As far as climate and extreme weather goes I kinda like where I am (northwest Oregon). Well --we did have a volcano here 38 years ago but I washed the ash fall from my cars with no lasting problems.
Today is in the fifties and wet. --The days are getting longer now and soon the temps will climb into the nineties for a few days at a time. (but it will not be a wet heat).
Has it really been that long?

Has it really been that long?

Yep, It did take some flushing to rinse the ash from the cowl vent on my 69 coronet. Muddy water from slides floods and hurricanes would have forced a complete teardown and resto of my otherwise original car.

Last edited:
BDF6: "I believe California is a moron-made disaster.
Moron voters and moron politicians."

BDF6; I respect that you have an opinion on the subject but find that it's pretty immature to throw a blanket over ALL California politicians and ALL California voters. Seems to be very much like saying that ALL people of a certain race or nationality or background think and act exactly the same. Your thinking doesn't show any tolerance for diversity. Pretty boring...

I will admit to being 'immature'. However, what I intended to convey was that there is nothing wrong with the natural state of California and that all the 'perceived' problems were brought upon it by voting/approving measures/bills/laws/regulations that are in effect now.
All of which could be changed by the same process.
Note that I did NOT say everthing SHOULD be.
This had/has NOTHING to do with race, nationality or background or intolerant thinking. I am wondering where that came from.
Also I have a high tolerance for diversity. Who wants everyone/thing to look/think/be alike?
image.jpg

It's weird how certain topics take turns and angles off the intended subject. If it's not one thing, it's another.

The fires were horrible. I know of several people who lost everything.

It's weird how certain topics take turns and angles off the intended subject. If it's not one thing, it's another.
Too true. But some topics have no place else to go.

Things here will improve when Gavin gets in. Wink. Nod. Global Climate (warming, cooling, change or whatever is currently hip) is certainly responsible. Newsome will fix this for us. Through higher taxes.

Things here will improve when Gavin gets in. Wink. Nod. Global Climate (warming, cooling, change or whatever is currently hip) is certainly responsible. Newsome will fix this for us. Through higher taxes.

Gotcha, Dennis. Without Gavin's rich friends he'd just be another 'pretty boy' out of a job...Oh yeah, if he does get in make sure and hide your guns...lol.

View attachment 559210

Well said, Budnicks...

Can California gave the other 49 states a rest? But its a state of continuous one thing after another crisis.
We do have our own stuff to deal with. But when your crisis takes persistence over that of the what the rest of the nation deals with how can you not expect to be the butt of jokes?
I do feel for those of you living there that would like to just deal with this stuff. Take care of the problems and move on. Its just that the rest of us don't see that happening.

I guess I know sarcasm when I read it, and I know you don't mean it? But that statements still funny to me!

Can California gave the other 49 states a rest? But its a state of continuous one thing after another crisis.
We do have our own stuff to deal with. But when your crisis takes persistence over that of the what the rest of the nation deals with how can you not expect to be the butt of jokes?
I do feel for those of you living there that would like to just deal with this stuff. Take care of the problems and move on. Its just that the rest of us don't see that happening.

Thank you, couldn't have said it better myself! And people wonder why I get on my soapbox and slam them when the state just won't stop their crap, and it leaves me no choice but to jump on the band wagon. I wished they just go away, just like you Californian's want me to go away, not going to happen.

I guess I know sarcasm when I read it, and I know you don't mean it? But that statements still funny to me!

Thank you, couldn't have said it better myself! And people wonder why I get on my soapbox and slam them when the state just won't stop their crap, and it leaves me no choice but to jump on the band wagon. I wished they just go away, just like you Californian's want me to go away, not going to happen.

Who are you, again?

Auto Transport Service
Back