• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calling Kiwigtx, I need your Southern Hemisphere help!

Torkmnstr

Local time
7:02 PM
Reaction score
Sooo, a while back I went to Fiji for my honeymoon and had some of the best tasting potato chips ever! They were made by red rock deli chips. I read they were an Aussie product. Ever since I have been trying to find a way to get them here in the states. So how can I get you to send some to me!!! Lol, I have been craving for more, probably just a pipe dream. Have you heard of those chips?

Sooo, a while back I went to Fiji for my honeymoon and had some of the best tasting potato chips ever! They were made by red rock deli chips. I read they were an Aussie product. Ever since I have been trying to find a way to get them here in the states. So how can I get you to send some to me!!! Lol, I have been craving for more, probably just a pipe dream. Have you heard of those chips?
I will investigate for you. :thumbsup:

Well, my fingers did the walking, and I found that my local supermarket should have some stock of them....what flavour is your craving?
Red-Rock-Potato-Chips-Lime-Black-Pepper.jpg

love their sea salt ones and the salt and vinegar ones are the strongest I've ever found

Website? sounds good for better-half and the kids. I go for plain old Frito Lay. But it'd be fun to get some for them. My oldest sent me some dry-iced salmon from Washington years ago and it was great.

You might try Simplyoz.com. US source of Austrailian foods. We have had them here in the state but can not remember where.

Yesss, you the man! I loved the Moroccan chicken ones and there's was a Thai chili one I believe. That sea salt balsamic looks good too!

Thought I was up on my geography but I might be confused..the whole coriolis thing... and backwards flushing toilets.... but Kiwi arent you from the small island (NZ)???
Kinda like calling a Scot Irish...lol!!
!:lol:

Thought I was up on my geography but I might be confused..the whole coriolis thing... and backwards flushing toilets.... but Kiwi arent you from the small island (NZ)???
Kinda like calling a Scot Irish...lol!!
!:lol:
Correct...Australia is known locally as the West Island. I am in the North Island, and one sinking with Earthquakes, Fires and Landslides is the South Island. I've been checking online and my local Supermarket, and it appears the Internet tells lies. I will need to make further enquiries, and quite possibly recruit @polywideblock to assist in a Red Cross Parcel to the OP. :lol:
....BTW....the West Island;
North+Island,+South+Island,+West+Island,+New+Zealand-795399.jpg

Got it! North, South & West.. So whats Taz and Pap?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

thinking-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif
not really to scale is it ? aren't you more like that speck of land to the south, Tasmania :lol:
have to look into customs requirements to see what can be done :thumbsup:

Looked up R R deli and found a site; then the grandkids came over!lol "papa are you done on computer?" Will check further.

Hate to throw a wrench into this quest for some of those tasty looking chips...or do you down under refer to them as "Crisps" as the damn Brits do...but if they are not on the Import list that the US Customs/Agriculture as acceptable for import then the package will be seized and the contents will be destroyed. US Ag Inspection is some of the toughest when it comes to off shore food items being allowed into the US. Same is true when coming from the States to say Australia/NZ. Canned goods, bagged items, fruits, meats, just about any and all such items are a no no. Having had to handle US Customs and Border Clearance while in the USAF so many times, I learned how really tough it is to even bring a food item that I bought overseas into the States. Hell it was comical when I would get the crew and the aircraft ready for clearance and any and all food items they had bought either had to be thrown out of consumed before landing. Ever see an Officer wolf down a ton of food while flying the jet??? Comical at best. Good luck though on the "Care Package" getting through from down under but I guess it is worth the effort because those are Damn good Chips and I would kill for a bag myself...cr8crshr/Tuck:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Hate to throw a wrench into this quest for some of those tasty looking chips...or do you down under refer to them as "Crisps" as the damn Brits do...but if they are not on the Import list that the US Customs/Agriculture as acceptable for import then the package will be seized and the contents will be destroyed. US Ag Inspection is some of the toughest when it comes to off shore food items being allowed into the US. Same is true when coming from the States to say Australia/NZ. Canned goods, bagged items, fruits, meats, just about any and all such items are a no no. Having had to handle US Customs and Border Clearance while in the USAF so many times, I learned how really tough it is to even bring a food item that I bought overseas into the States. Hell it was comical when I would get the crew and the aircraft ready for clearance and any and all food items they had bought either had to be thrown out of consumed before landing. Ever see an Officer wolf down a ton of food while flying the jet??? Comical at best. Good luck though on the "Care Package" getting through from down under but I guess it is worth the effort because those are Damn good Chips and I would kill for a bag myself...cr8crshr/Tuck:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:
Good point Tuck....I forgot about that. Although pre-packaged food is OK when declared, sending stuff by post can get the goods lost. I sent some chocolates over the the States a while back, and they never arrived apparently.

Auto Transport Service
Back