• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cam recommendation for nearly stock 6 pack?

BamaBee

Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
I'm is the process of rebuilding a 440 for my Super Bee. The engine will be a stock 440, stock HP manifolds and a 6 pack carb system. It is a 4 speed, manual brakes so I'm not worried about vacuum. Also, it will be mainly a street car but will go down the strip a couple times a year. Hydraulic lifter only. I would like for the engine to "cut up" or "turn heads" when it pulls in the car show. What are your recommendations?

lumpy cams and cast exhaust manifolds aren't a very good mix. the mr. six pak cams are engles, or were. without any mods to the heads for higher valve lifts and the use of cast exhaust manifolds i'd look at the summit 6401 cam. it has more area under the curve with a little more lift and a LSA compatable with restrictive exhaust. an engle k56 intake lobe and k58 exhaust lobe on a 112 LSA would work good but the higher lift would need to be taken into consideration. a howards #720141-12 may work well also.

Auto Transport Service
Back