• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anybody help I.D. these Aluminum heads, please?

sabre67

Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
bought these about 5 years ago from jegs or summit only number on the box was 2481 Cylinder head 383-440 Wedge complete. Both ends of head have no marking or numbers any help would be greatly appreciated.....sabbre67

Heads.jpg

Heads2.jpg

hEADS3.jpg

Made by Edelbrock for Mopar Performance... Basically a Performer RPM head with straight spark plugs... And yes referred to as the 452 even though nothing about them = 452....

I guess i will measure for cc, i cant remember what size I ordered thanks

Made by Edelbrock for Mopar Performance... Basically a Performer RPM head with straight spark plugs... And yes referred to as the 452 even though nothing about them = 452....

Don’t forget about the freeze plug added to the end of the head to make them look more “stock” ;)

And, since they were sold thru MP they were considerably more expensive than the Edelbrock offering.

I thought there was a Mopar logo on the ends as well........but I haven’t had one here in ages.

bought these about 5 years ago from jegs or summit only number on the box was 2481

Can you take a pic of the foam lining in the box along with the intake port openings?

id be happy to take them off your hands for ya if ya don't want them ....:lol:

Thanks.
Looks like the normal Edelbrock box and lining, but without the Edelbrock graphics.

The part number is a mystery though. Thats not even part of the MP number for those heads.

The ones I’ve had here came in the same type of plain white Edelbrock box, but had the MP part number on the box.

The other oddball thing is typically the 452A heads have a Mopar logo/graphic on the ends of the head...

IMG_8242.jpg

so the mystery continues........Thanks for all your help .just trying to figure outa fair price to sell.

The other oddball thing is typically the 452A heads have a Mopar logo/graphic on the ends of the head...

View attachment 1521287
I thought so.

Here’s my uninformed guess........
MP discontinued the heads, and Edelbrock had some unfinished castings they needed to find a home for......and that’s why the logo is missing.

Auto Transport Service
Back