• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Canadian Vs U.S. production

Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm a new guy and have a 69 Hemi Roadrunner. I was Just wondering what, if any, is the difference between a "B" body built for the Canadian market. I was told the only difference was the coolant in the radiator?

Last edited:
Hello everyone I'm a new guy and have a 69 Hemi Roadrunner. I was Just wondering what, if any, is the difference between a "B" body built for the Canadian market. I was told the only difference was the coolant in the radiator?
welcome..

I dont think there is any difference.. not like the 40s 50s and early 60s.. most early canadian built cars had a different engine cyl bore even though the cubic inches were the same..

I found that out with the canadian 55 dodge I owned.. the 6 was a different bore than the u.s made block.. then found out putting a 303 in it.. that was different as well..

as for coolant.. we use Kokanee from BC..

Welcome from Ohio, coolant? Maybe a little stronger mix for temps? Other than that, no difference.

Welcome to FBBO from sunny SoCal - we're practically neighbors. Don't have a clue if there's a difference. Are you going to bring that bad boy to Fall Fling in Van Nuys?

Welcome to FBBO from hot, dry & sunny NorCal mountains

not many if any I can think of,
it was north American market still, should be the same
except maybe Canadians had better documentation

don't quote me

It is funny when you hear about a stronger antifreeze mix for Canadian built cars,,
I am a retired CDL driver for 40 years from Nome to Miami and everyplace in between and the coldest place was Devils Lake ND,USA. ,winter of 1996-97,,-50 below & 40 mph wind,,you do the math,,,we were shut down for days.Weather has NO BORDERS!West coast of Canada hardy ever gets below freezing,,time for some people to start traveling,,it,s a big world and sooo many nice places to see! CHEERS

Welcome,,,now we got the coolant thing settled,,,,Plymouths during the 30's,40''s,50's,and early 60's had a few changes,(two tone paint,SS trim, motors&different models),but by the late 60's,I believe they were the same, there may be some that know better.

Welcome from the central valley!...does your car happen to be orange with black steel wheels? I was rolling around morro bay on my bike a few weeks back and saw an orange 69 outside the macdonald's...

Auto Transport Service
Back