• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cast Crank Question

dburkett8

Local time
4:19 PM
Reaction score
Hello

i have a 1971 charger 383 2bbl with a cast crank. The balancer is correct however the torque converter is "neutral" for a forged crank. My question is can i take any weighted torque converter ( for 383, 400 or 440) and install it or do the torque converter weights change depending upon the engine?

2 20 oz weights on either side of the drain plug or you can get a balanced flex plate from summit racing or jegs

2 20 oz weights on either side of the drain plug or you can get a balanced flex plate from summit racing or jegs

Thanks. do you happen to have the part number of the balanced flex plate? I did initial search on jegs but I am not pulling up a flex plate that has those specs

001.jpg
002.jpg
007a.jpg
010a.jpg

Last edited:
about bolt on options, we have the "counterweighted" flexplates, and added on counterweights.

Flexplate kind:
hrdp_9810_06_o-1965_plymouth_valiant_engine_swap-BM_flexplate.jpg

and added on counterweights:
( no image at this moment but KMJ performance on ebay used to sell those. Will edit and post when I find. They bolt to the crank )

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back