• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CDN72SE's Restoration Thread

That's sucks big time! I hope you aren't out too much cash. Is there time to place a lien? I hope it works out for you...
I can't even find anyone to paint mine around here.

I hate hearing things like this. It is so hard to find a body shop that does quality work and delivers the job on time. Having the shop close the doors has to be even worse. Hopefully everything will turn out good in the end.

That's sucks big time! I hope you aren't out too much cash. Is there time to place a lien? I hope it works out for you...
I can't even find anyone to paint mine around here.
Thanks Glenwood, I kept pretty good tabs on the shop, but does get difficult if they are running a game on you. I do believe that the body guys really cared about the work they were doing on my car, to my untrained eye everything looks good, let's see what the next shop says. My wife works for a couple of lawyers so she is already on the case, she's ready for a fight, lol. I'm probably out a couple grand but there are people that are out of a lot more money.

I searched quite a while for a shop, did my research etc, I guess I did see some signs but chose to ignore them I guess.

I hate hearing things like this. It is so hard to find a body shop that does quality work and delivers the job on time. Having the shop close the doors has to be even worse. Hopefully everything will turn out good in the end.

Thanks Homstead, it was hard being separated from my car period, now with this I just want it back. Though I have lined up another shop that has been in business 25+ years; they were actually who I wanted to go with first.

Got my car, all the parts and didn't look back.

leaving_zpsozwerk8p.jpg

Dropped by the shop last Thursday to drop of my Hood Pin kit that I bought decades ago at a local car show.
Just some more random shots, not a lot of progress, could be in paint next week.

Kit was produced by D.C.S., did a quick Google search and it looks like they are still around. (actually think it's Dales Cuda Shop)
hood_pin_kit_zpsrc0xc0ci.jpg

Img_5754_sml_zpsn5sdaj7i.jpg

IMG_5747_sml_zpsmyrbu5o6.jpg

Img_5749_sml_zpslnof506e.jpg

Img_5750_zpswnlfuakk.jpg

Img_5751_sml_zpsp2rmn8cd.jpg

A little bit of an update, little more touch ups on top and bottom. Should see some colour by the end of this week. Fingers crossed.

rot_top_zpsfyqxl1u3.jpg

rot_bottom_zps3euuftgj.jpg

Progress update for this week. Panels are off and sanded. The large panels to go in for primer tomorrow and following that the car body is going to be shot in colour on the firewall, underneath and in the passenger compartment all in colour. The car will be primed on the outside with slicksand and the panels will be installed and blocked to the car, then the car will go into the booth for final paint.

IMG_20170613_111606_zpsqg4ffpsl.jpg

You need a custom stereo enclosure for the trunk. I know a guy who can fix you up. ;)

Good to know - Thanks.
I'm looking for good body and paint shops in the southern Ontario area so when my Clone runner is ready for body and paint, I'll start making inquires.

I took it to The Guild, they were kind of close to the shop I "rescued" the car from. Had it towed there and they were able to squeeze me in.

More pics from today, should be in full colour this time next week, just waiting behind a Mustang before mine is back in the booth.

35534232420_24ebcf80ff_z.jpg

35922558495_7721a58826_z.jpg

35534310050_d5b12fe7db_z.jpg

35113602353_a543edf5a1_z.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back