• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHICK FIL A OUT DOES THEM SELF

NOSTRT980

Local time
2:53 PM
Reaction score
Away When He Saw This for Vets

chick-vets.jpg

By Bill Callen

Chick-fil-A, the same fast-food outlet has once again proved a positive to the world. This time it did so by unveiling an amazing Veterans Day tribute that left Georgia resident Eric Comfort in complete shock.

According to a Facebook post he published on Mon, when he walked into a local Chick-fil-A, Comfort discovered a "Missing Man Table" that contained a single rose, a Bible & a folded American flag, as well as a plaque w/in which was the following explanation:

"This table is reserved to honor our missing comrades in arms.

The tablecloth is white — symbolizing the purity of their motives when answering the call of duty.

The single red rose, displayed in a vase, reminds us of the life of each of the missing and their loved ones and friends of these Americans who keep the faith, awaiting answers. The vase is tied with a red ribbon, symbol of our continued determination to account for our missing. A pinch of salt symbolizes the tears endured by those missing and their families who seek answers. The Bible represents the strength gained through faith to sustain those lost from our country, founded as one nation under God. The glass is inverted — to symbolize their inability to share this evening's toast. The chair is empty — they are missing."

After the story went viral, the store manager, Alex Korchan, explained to WSB that his team members had set up the table because they "wanted to honor veterans." Furthermore, he offered free meals to all veterans and their family members on Veterans Day. Korchan also put up a poster so that customers could write in the names of loved ones who they have lost. "We've had a lot of people who have come in and seen it and been touched by it," Korchan continued. "It's been special to see."

mmt.jpg

PLEASE SHARE this article if you admire what Chick-Fil-A has done to honor our vets..

THANK YOU CHICK-FIL-A, from a Vet

I remember last year there were quite a few restaurants advertising free meals for Vets.

There is a thing that's catching on the last couple of years, placing a green light in your window or porch light, in recognition of the ones that are still serving.
I have the electric candles in all of my windows and changed the bulbs to green a couple of years ago. Well they burn out occasionally and I used up all of my replacements. This past weekend I went to Walmart, Lowes, ect. and they're all out of green bulbs. Then it dawned on me that this Friday is Veterans Day. That's a great thought that there are a lot of people following this trend!

That's awesome! I hope the trend continues honoring all veterans! They deserve it and a ton more!

That is great. I am not a vet but my Dad went to Korea and Vietnam. Both Grandfathers were in WW2. I respect all service men and women. The bible and flag need to seen more.

Great deal, great Americans, patriotic too,
If we had a Chick-fil-A around here I'd certainly eat there for sure...
I will give them my business, if I'm out on the road too...

Mar Par sent me that in an E-mail earlier
still great to see it on the Forum...

Usually the Missing Man Table is seen at military functions, dining halls, etc. with the POW/MIA flag. Pretty cool to see one represented at a civilian establishment.

A couple things I'd like to add to the original post:
-The yellow candle and its yellow ribbon symbolize the everlasting hope for a joyous reunion with those yet accounted for.
-The slices of lemon on the bread plate remind us of their bitter fate.

Truly awesome. Thank you to each and everyone who has served this wonderful country.

If anyone is looking for green light bulbs and cannot find any, hop down to your local craft store and pick up some green glass paint. it works great.

God bless America.....

Reading that first post brought a tear to my eye, even managed to get some water in my prosthetic eye too.

Thank you for posting that!!!!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back