• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chin Spoiler?

olddog67

Local time
11:23 PM
Reaction score
Anyone have a chin spoiler on there Charger? Ive seen some on other mopars, I think they were late 60's repop Camaro ones. Curious as to how one would look.

I got one for my GTX from I think "Randys", it's alum.

View attachment 340115
So I got my front spoiler from Randy's Spoilers. Arrived well packaged and unharmed. When I inspected it I was overall please with it. When I went to bolt it up it was a bit of a struggle as with one side started the right side was about a 1"-1.5" from where it should be. It could also of used some small reliefs at the bottom of the license plate are. The paint on it was rough and came off kinda easy. Over all I'd give it a C+ I think a hour or 2 and I can have it ready for a repaint. I did like that it wasn't overly big.
I have also decided to go with the 26 Griffin exact fit radiator. Got it ordered last night. This is my first big regret I've run into. I wish I had put a 26" radiator support in when I did the car. I'm going to install it on the 22" support without opening the support. We will see how it does. I had a few people tell me the 22" radiator would do the job, but I will be running AC and had my doubts. The guy from Smith's told me I'd have to run 2 electric fans + the mechanical one to maintain 195-200 during the hot days with a 180 stat. That just seemed to close to the edge for me. I want this thing to idle through a 2 hour parade in 90 degree heat if I want to. So I will see how it shakes out. I'm thinking of using a smaller water pump pulley maybe something in the 1:1.2 range to speed up the pump & fan at idle. Also with the OD I'll have sometimes with lower RPMs. I think if I get the shroud sealed real good I should be alright. We shall see.

CDR had one (Summit Camaro) on his 68.

Most of them that I've seen have been the Camaro knockoffs. That being said, they look a little smallish on a Charger in my opinion. I know a couple of guys have taken the time to make their own custom jobs.

I wouldnt mind getting one... also a trunk tail..

Big Suger(Ron) might chime in, he had one on his car. I think it was from a 71 or 72 duster twister package. Fit very nice, if I remember he had to make brackets.

Photo of Big Suger

IMG_0066.JPG

Hey Jeff,
Ron asked me to Photoshop a chin spoiler on Suger for him a while back. I see he decided to go with it... cool!

Hi, dieseldazzle, I just joined this forum to connect with you. I am George Walker, I was Bobby Pazos's partner in the Dodge Super Bee with Joey Zielechowski, please tell Bobby I am around I have not seen him since 1973, I worked with him at Al's Esso when he also worked for Arrow Dodge in New Jersey, know his brother Artie and wives....thank you very much dieseldazzle. I can be reached at No Ezmails allowed in posts

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, dieseldazzle, I just joined this forum to connect with you. I am George Walker, I was Bobby Pazos's partner in the Dodge Super Bee with Joey Zielechowski, please tell Bobby I am around I have not seen him since 1973, I worked with him at Al's Esso when he also worked for Arrow Dodge in New Jersey, know his brother Artie and wives....thank you very much dieseldazzle. I can be reached at .

I also have lots of photos of the superbee before it was even a race car.

Hey Jeff,
Ron asked me to Photoshop a chin spoiler on Suger for him a while back. I see he decided to go with it... cool!
Yes, he ran than chin spoiler for about two years. He now has an air dam on the front. I don't have a photo of that. Saw him at moparfest! Good times!!

I like the spoiler on this, looks like one of the camaro ones?? Anyone happen to know or perhaps another pic of this same car. And... is that a Ferd hood scoop on it? Looks good too.

I'm guessing it's a Camaro chin, but the scoop is definitely not a Ferd... it's a 66/67 Mopar WO/23

Thanks for the reply 67 Mopar!
I didnt know of the mopar WO/23! I wanted one until I googled them...450$ american, exchange plus shipping to get it to me...It would cost me 7-800$. Cant justify that for a 20$ piece of fiberglass.

The best place to get one... a real good one anyway... is Sled City Fiberglass. I believe they list it as a 67 Hemi Scoop. They're still around $300 though, so that may be more than you want to spend.

Anyone have a chin spoiler on there Charger? Ive seen some on other mopars, I think they were late 60's repop Camaro ones. Curious as to how one would look.
Hey olddog67, I have one on my charger, it is from/for a kermaro.... they are not exspensive...
1049262_10201667527276298_13130947_o.jpg

Where did you get the spoiler Kevin and is a '69 repop one?

Auto Transport Service
Back