• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chip Foose.....why?

how can you improve on this...
drivertop_0.jpg

driverreartop_1.jpg

He's an upright guy and you definitely haven't seen the cars he's designed and hand built or you would be if a different mindset

I know he has his following but my personal opinion is that the cars he has built looked better before he laid a hand on them. I saw just a couple nights ago where he ruined a 67 Ford Fairlane GTA.

You can't improve on a beautifully restored muscle car. However, I've never seen him sacrifice one for one of his creations either.

I got to meet Foose a few years back on an early morning visit to Barrett Jackson (I had a pre opening pass that a friend of a friend who buys for a California Ford dealer gave me). He is genuinely a nice guy and loves to talk with anybody he meets about cars. He actually let me hang out with him as we walked the tents and cars were being unloaded and parked. I agree that I would not like him to customize my Road Runner, but he is welcome to spend the night in our guest room anytime. I really enjoyed meeting him and talking cars with him. It was like we were best friends.

This is my 64's worst nightmare! Don't worry girl I won't let the bad man touch you (as I pet my car haha)

IMG_0152.JPG

I'm sure he is a super nice guy and does great work, but still can't stand the goofy looking giant wheels that make the car look like some kind of toy hot wheels car.

You guys need to get rid of your mullets and get with the times !!
I like Joe Dirt's taste in cars better than Chip Foose'

Nothing wrong with uprising to 16-18" But to make it look like a rappers car. That's just criminal.

I don't mind what Chip Foose does with his designs, even though I don't like them.

What I can't understand is why there are so many people who like his terrible designs. But I guess that should be expected of the same hoi polloi that keeps guzzling down reality car shows.

-Kurt

I find most of those "build" shows (come to think of it maybe all of them) beyond my taste. everybody has the same theme. if somebody done to my cars what these guys do i'd probably be in the big house for planting someone.
I never thought I would say this, but Counting Cars is actually starting to grow on me. I watched an episode Sunday night where they built a 64.5 Mustang, and Koker tells the owner they decided to lower it, but just an inch. Seems like every other show/shop would be trying to lower it all the way to the ground.

I also like when they do a Muscle car and ask the owner "How do you like that rake?" I think they are the only shop that still does cars so they have a rake.

I never thought I would say this, but Counting Cars is actually starting to grow on me. I watched an episode Sunday night where they built a 64.5 Mustang, and Koker tells the owner they decided to lower it, but just an inch. Seems like every other show/shop would be trying to lower it all the way to the ground.

I also like when they do a Muscle car and ask the owner "How do you like that rake?" I think they are the only shop that still does cars so they have a rake.
I'm don`t even watch it anymore, ruined too many cars for me.

I enjoy the show, mostly like the cast in comparison to others but most of his cars are just strange to me?
I don't mind what Chip Foose does with his designs, even though I don't like them.

What I can't understand is why there are so many people who like his terrible designs. But I guess that should be expected of the same hoi polloi that keeps guzzling down reality car shows.

-Kurt
It's all in your taste, nothing more or less.
I have 17" Boyds on my SW and EVERYBODY who sees the car comments on how much they like the wheels.
I've got 18"s and 19"s on mine and the comments range, a select few say I ruined the car with them but the vast majority say it's badass and start asking about the offset, width etc. All that matters is if you like it just like Chip's designs, not for everyone but those who like it usually love it.

Remember the TV show a few years ago in which they had 4r or 5 teams of builders and they were tasked to buy a clapped out car, restore it and then sell it at auction? The show was cancelled when Coddingtons team bought a Barracuda and made a 'Cuda clone and didnt disclose it at auction.

Remember the TV show a few years ago in which they had 4r or 5 teams of builders and they were tasked to buy a clapped out car, restore it and then sell it at auction? The show was cancelled when Coddingtons team bought a Barracuda and made a 'Cuda clone and didnt disclose it at auction.

The Fury was one of my favorite builds. Like most have said I am not a fan of most of his work but he & his crews have great talent and produce some great cars (most just not my taste). He has also become a millonaire doing what he loves to do. I am sure he is happy no matter what. That is what this car hobby is truely all about.

Auto Transport Service
Back