• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clothing... does what you wear say anything?

747mopar

Local time
2:14 AM
Reaction score
I never gave it much thought until recently on vacation where we were amongst many foreigners in foreign countries and people of all walks. I'm a T shirt and jeans kind of guy that refuses to follow trends and who's idea of dressing nice is wearing my newest T shirt and jeans but wear my passions with pride. After a few comments and noticeable stares I started paying attention to what I was wearing..... here's what I packed.

My Drop Nine shirt that reads... "Faith, Family, Friends, Flag, Firearms...... 5 things you don't mess with". Love this shirt with the American Flag on the sleeve!

My American flag Sig Sauer shirt.

My Sig Sauer "Live free or die" shirt.

And my "Don't tread on me" shirt with muskets on one sleeve and the flag on the other.

Of coarse wearing a Mopar baseball cap:thumbsup:.

Lol... love it... I'm a die hard jeans and t-shirt guy as well. Until summer hits, then it's shorts and t-shirts. I subscribe to the philosophy of comfort over appearance and frankly, I don't have to look at myself so as long as I'm comfortable, it really doesn't matter what I look like. Now, my appearance at work is a whole nuther matter!

Same here, not much thought put into it.
Unless its a wedding ect I just wear what I get for Xmas or birthday, wife and kids keep me supplied with the T shirts and jeans and flannel shirts. About the only thing I shop for myself is my boots/shoes.

I'm a T-shirt and jeans mostly all day and I really don`t care what people think of my attire:rolleyes:

Last edited:
IMG_0003.JPG
Car shirts as seen in my obit-designated picture.

I never gave it much thought until recently on vacation where we were amongst many foreigners in foreign countries and people of all walks. Of coarse wearing a Mopar baseball cap.

That's how you get pick-pocketed or robbed in foreign countries since they are looking for tourists.

T-shirts, jeans/shorts at home.
At work, button down shirts/khakis - have to be somewhat presentable.
Only own 1 suit, and every time I go to wear it, it has shrunk and I buy a new one. There's something evil happening in that closet, the shrinking fairy is starting to hit my regular clothes too.:eek:

It all depends where I am. When I flew with the A.F., I tended to pack for the area I'm going and dress to blend in and not stand out. All of us older aircrew would do that as they have decent jobs and just present a professional appearance. Then you get these young airmen who would dress in that gang ****, pants on their knees, hat crocked, etc., I mean WTF. Your representing the USA, dress like it! They learn quickly how to dress after that. Me? I'm to old to care how I dress.

That's how you get pick-pocketed or robbed in foreign countries since they are looking for tourists.
They're probably smart enough to stay away from shirts with guns on it, they'll harrass the hawaiian shirt & fanny packs instead. What country were you in or was it NYC? :lol:

At my age luckily I'm caring less and less what people think (& I don't have to attract a girl anymore!). However, I do feel out of place in my staple of cutoff Tshirts when I go to my kids school or some stores, but not Walmart.

San Jose, Burbank, Houston, Denver, Tampa, and Orlando Airports look like foreign countries. I wore my Mopar Muscle shirt, and the United Captain said "nice shirt" while deboarding.

Ditto on the t shirts. Since its above 50 degrees 95% of the time I'm in shorts. When the occasion warrants a bit more formality, I'll wear by boots, jeans Sport coat and dress shirt...Hell I got married in boots, jeans and tails..
I wear just about anything with a flag on it, my deplorable, thin blue line, come and take it, mopar shirts..just to express my point of view....if you don't like it leave kind of thing....

Now that's some cargo shorts!
Got a sack for your sac!
420409-4c8264f5b7c4acb5f07a6c40a6054dfa.jpg

The boys need room!!

No chance in that, I book all inclusive trips and cary almost nothing. Let em rob me... they might get $50.00 but doubt anybody can get a wallet out of my pocket.

Ditto on the t shirts. Since its above 50 degrees 95% of the time I'm in shorts. When the occasion warrants a bit more formality, I'll wear by boots, jeans Sport coat and dress shirt...Hell I got married in boots, jeans and tails..
I wear just about anything with a flag on it, my deplorable, thin blue line, come and take it, mopar shirts..just to express my point of view....if you don't like it leave kind of thing....
Boots:eek:

I have to wear steel toes at work but that's it, super comfy Tiger shoes outside of work and shorts when it's warm.

Auto Transport Service
Back