• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Complete Wiring Harnesses?

JPz68charger

Local time
4:56 PM
Reaction score
Hello all, Im new to the B Bodies only forums. Im currently building a 1968 Charger. Right now the car is in my buddies body shop and we are hanging quarters and getting it in primer. once that's done he will spray the inside of my car so that I can get it home and start wiring the car. Ive already updated the suspension to a Hotchkis TVS system. Ive read through some of the threads here and was just wanting to gather everyones ideas and pros and cons with different kits such as "Painless, or Ron Francis, or American Autowire, or any others". This car will not be stock. It will be more of a pro touring restomod build. I plan to include an EFI system and maybe looking at vintage air or restomod air system. It will have a built 440 that will be pretty stout and be a street driven car with the occasional auto cross on the weekends. I also plan to upgrade the ignition to electronic and add in an MSD 6AL kit as Ive had good luck with them on other vehicles. Please feel free to weigh in your opinions as far as aftermarket user friendly Wiring Harness. Painless looks good but the American autowire seems to be more complete as far as plug and play with some things(but also more expensive).

my car1.jpg my car2.jpg my car3.jpg my car4.jpg

I used Haywire. The tech support was incredible. Every time I called, I received a call back within 24 hours. Darren is extremely knowledgeable about his design and was able to troubleshoot my screws over the phone.
Mine is totally custom as well. The engine compartment is neat and clean. MSD, no more ballast resistor, internally regulated 140 amp, 3 wire alternator, custom dash gauges, Fuel pump and headlight relays, blade type fuses, no amp gauge to melt down, LED's in the dash and conversing with him on a custom LED taillight setup. I'm sure I missed some more modifications. This guy set me up for less than half of what some of the big names thought they were worth. The price was very reasonable and the loom (quiet loom), he sells, has people going ape **** over here in my neck of the woods. It looks amazing and is extremely flexible, not like that plastic stuff that breaks after two years of heat exposure and falls all over your engine compartment. I can send pics and any info you need. Check them out before you spend some big bucks.

I used Haywire. The tech support was incredible. Every time I called, I received a call back within 24 hours. Darren is extremely knowledgeable about his design and was able to troubleshoot my screws over the phone.
Mine is totally custom as well. The engine compartment is neat and clean. MSD, no more ballast resistor, internally regulated 140 amp, 3 wire alternator, custom dash gauges, Fuel pump and headlight relays, blade type fuses, no amp gauge to melt down, LED's in the dash and conversing with him on a custom LED taillight setup. I'm sure I missed some more modifications. This guy set me up for less than half of what some of the big names thought they were worth. The price was very reasonable and the loom (quiet loom), he sells, has people going ape **** over here in my neck of the woods. It looks amazing and is extremely flexible, not like that plastic stuff that breaks after two years of heat exposure and falls all over your engine compartment. I can send pics and any info you need. Check them out before you spend some big bucks.

Moparlore you make it sound too good to be true haha! Thank you very much for that info, I'll be researching haywire tomorrow when I get a chance!

Checking Haywires website, they show a wire loom connected to a fuse box, but no means to search for car specific harness and price. Am I missing something?

Auto Transport Service
Back