• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console Ideas 63 Plymouth

Ron H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:51 PM
Reaction score
I have been lining up some winter chores on my recently resto-ed Fury and bought a bucket seat console at a swap meet I kind of thought had potential to fill up the expanse having no console. I sold the one I had (factory) with a few regrets but then it couldn't accommodate some things I'd like such as cup holders. One I bought is from a Ford having the length and width that fits pretty well. Unusual console, so much so I had to dump the 20 bucks to buy it. It has a center area flat panel section that I'm pondering to convert to have two cup holders. This console has a wiring harness/lights for door ajar, low washer fluid, etc. My initial thinking was to wire it to show brake and turn signal lights, maybe headlights. It also has space to insert gauges if I'd go that route as the front area is angled upward, perfect setup for gauges. OK, too much info. I'm wondering if any fellow earlier b owners have done any nifty console installs that would share what they have done so I have some more ideas and tips? While I'm not a purist having done several modifications to upgrade my ride; there is nothing done that isn't reversible should for some reason I'd want to do that. Can't tell ya how great my car drives and handles now. Thanks!

I swapped in a 2014 Chrysler 200 console in my 68 Coronet Wagon
IMG_20150704_103441.jpg

Nice looking console and shaped quite a bit like one i have. I also got same deal where it sits closer to right seat than left. Mine tapers down at front rather than up as it won t meet under dash. Sorta looks better to me than it reads here!

Ron
I can't take credit for the idea of Chrysler 200 console. I read on another forum. I couldn't believe how well it fell into place. The front kick up is perfect for my b body dash. I also connected the cup holder soft lighting and the power port.

Ernesto

Makes me 2nd guess one I have out of a 78 Lincoln I have to design make up dual cup holders in the triangular shaped center section and this one has indicator lights thinking of for blinkers and headlights. Forum member Shorthorse has informed how I could do this. The other thing is the front span is wider than hump so looking to affix matching carpet there that looks like it would blend well. But your console has me pondering!

Nice! Can I ask how you mounted the front portion to the floor/hump? Looks like the radius over the hump is spot on too. I've devised a bracket but not convinced yet this will be adequate using a plate with angled stock to form a seat on the sides of the hump. Might be on the hunt to find a 200 console!

I actually used small 90 degree angle brackets to attach the top of the console where it meets the lower dash area. I am sure there are other and perhaps better ways to mount it though. I paid $75 for the console. I think it was via ebug.

IMG_20150704_103024.jpg

Here is a shot without the passenger seat installed. BTW I didn't install the console until laid the new carpet but I don't have any pics

Auto Transport Service
Back