• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Convertible Top Parts

Frustration

Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
This has likely been covered, but finding it is tough... I'm working on getting a new top for my '64 fury 'vert. The local guy doesn't want to do it because he doesn't think he can find the seals and "fuzzies". Those are the most important for me to find at this time, but boot covers, tops, well mats and any advice is appreciated. Thanks, as always in advance. Photo is from today.
March 13 2019.jpg
Tom

I had a nightmare (and still occurring) with the top on my '63 Fury. The shop that did it, did a **** job and ended up putting on another that was just a little less shitty. In the 2nd case, if he'd have listened to what I had given with measurements the top would have fit better. All in all, come to find this shop wasn't adept with older Mopar tops after checking around. The header seal I got aftermarket doesn't fit right as it is different than OEM spec. So far no luck on finding a correct seal. Your '64 I think is different than the '63 hopefully not as much of a hassle. I'd ask the shop you're working with (in case you haven't) on their experience with top install for your car. Reason I mention is I would have ended up going to another shop for mine.

Hope you have success with the links here. I'm going to contact tops on-line to find out what their header seal looks like. The one I paid a 100 bucks for from another vendor was just way off the mark despite it being said it was a correct replacement! Check...more carefully...than I did.

Thanks Brett. I appreciate your help. Have you used any of the parts from Dante's or topsonline.com? I haven't seen these parts elsewhere, and am concerned that I'll run into the same issues as Ron H. Much appreciated. Tom

Thanks Brett. I appreciate your help. Have you used any of the parts from Dante's or topsonline.com? I haven't seen these parts elsewhere, and am concerned that I'll run into the same issues as Ron H. Much appreciated. Tom

I have not as my top has been done for decades and the next one is my 68 500 convertible which is not near that stage yet. I did see the topsonline place had "local installers near you". You may want to call one of the company that uses thier product and how they feel about it telling them you application. Unfortunately most are using the same parts as more than likely only one supplier with many venders.

Auto Transport Service
Back