• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct holes in engine compartment for Superbird restoration

wtate

Local time
1:05 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking for some help with deciding which holes need to be welded up because they are not factory and which ones stay. I have it pretty well figured out on the firewall (although posting picture if anyone can help finalize this as well). But mainly looking for help on the Drivers and passenger side of the engine compartment. See the attached photos and let me know if any of them look to be non-factory. FYI on the passenger side near the front there are 3 holes already welded up just need to be ground flat.

Any help would be appreciated. Looking to getting in primer and final painted fairly soon.

Thank you,
Wayne
Drivers Side engine compart.jpeg
Firewall bare metal.jpeg
Passenger Side engine compart.jpeg
Restored engine #2.jpeg

Can't help you on the holes but I've got the same motor (not same car) and the battery ground cable mounting should go under the throttle return spring bracket, at least that's what the judges told me.
By the way - looks super!!!

Send me the high resolution photos to [email protected] I will compare to my Bird this weekend.

Auto Transport Service
Back