• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CPW Fall Fling Van Nuys, Ca. Saturday October 28, 2017

Dennis H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:53 AM
Reaction score
IMG_0253.JPG
Woodley Park. See you there. When I get a discount code for the Host Hotel AirTel, I will post it. One day, somewhat scaled down version of Spring Fling, but ALWAYS a great show with cool Mopars.

I'm planning on being there this year for Saturday. Is there a way FFBO guys can park together? Or is every one scattered around. Never been - would like to connect.

Pretty sure they "segregate" body styles...A, B, E, etc. maybe even more so like B body Chargers. B body Roadrunner/GTX. Anyway, best way to park close is to show up together at the same time. Many of us who come from out of town stay at the AirTel ,perhaps a meet up there at 7;30 might work? We could all then cruise the mile or so to the park as a group. Feel free to correct me anyone who might know better.

The Fall show is similar to the Saturday show in the Spring. There are no trophies, everyone gets a "ribbon". I don't recall being told to park in a specific place but my memory could be fuzzy on that. It has been a few years since I had my car there in the Fall.

Don't forget Supercar Sunday the day after the show. Nearby. Annoy the Ferrari crowd and maybe see the rich and famous. Always interesting. A good Diner on the other side of the shopping center. http://www.supercarsunday.com/
If you scroll through the gallery, you will see Mopar Ed's 69 Coronet 500. He used to post here under dodge41969.

Last edited:
Don't forget Supercar Sunday the day after the show. Nearby. Annoy the Ferrari crowd and maybe see the rich and famous. Always interesting. A good Diner on the other side of the shopping center. http://www.supercarsunday.com/
If you scroll through the gallery, you will see Mopar Ed's 69 Coronet 500. He used to post here under dodge41969.

I don't know. I'd hate to go there and get my Mopar stank all over those Ferraris and Lambos. The rules video is amusing. I might as well just tow my car there.

I would LOVE to go but I'll have to skip it this year. I look forward to seeing pictures and stories from you guys that do go.

I just checked out the link for the Super Car Sunday. Checked out the rules - Who the heck is that clown? “I love Super Car Sunday - but don’t ...........blah, blah, blah...” Dennis I think he was talking about your group...... Now I know what you mean about annoying the Ferrari group. I feel like staying over now and going just to do that.....

2 years ago my friend brought his 70 'Cuda down. Triple black, #1 car, 440 Hughes built 700 hp. 10:1 compression and bitchin loud with QTP's. It happened to be "Marque" day. Ferarri. It was mobbed with hundreds of cars. After circling looking for parking, he drove up the aisle marked "Ferarris only. Shoulda been there.

That would have been great. John hob-knobbing amongst the Ferrari snobs! Guys slobbering all over the lowly Plymouth while the Ferrari guys huddle together jerking each other off !

That would have been great. John hob-knobbing amongst the Ferrari snobs! Guys slobbering all over the lowly Plymouth while the Ferrari guys huddle together jerking each other off !

HA HA!!!

I would love to take a beefed up, ratty/sleeper, mid 70s C Body, 4 door, with stock skinny tires, tinted glass and doing a burnout to wake up the jerkoffs who own Ferraris.

IMG_0446.jpg

Plan to meet just south of Hollister at the Church parking lot at 9:30 AM Thursday Oct 26, 2017 for the romp down 25 to Coalinga for lunch. Then oil country to the Grapevine/405 to Los Angeles. Coronet, GTX, and a 68 Barracuda Ragtop. Good fuel top up and restroom just north of there on the left at a country store.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back