• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Credit card hacked.........

I recently had one of my cards hacked and found out that while I was sitting at my desk working, some douche was making purchases against my card in California, Michigan and 2 places in Mexico all at the same time. The bank informed me by text and immediately cancelled my card. I agree that the banks are doing a pretty good job of catching fraud, and in this case the scammers were easy to catch by the bank fraud algorithm because of all the simultaneous purchases at numerous different locations. The PITA besides getting hacked is that it takes the bank 7 to 10 business days to get a new card to me, and then you have to change it in all the places you have it set up for payment. I wish these vermin that perpetrate this fraud would get caught more often and that the authorities would let their victims spend a little "quality time" with them before they go to prison. I am pretty sure I could convince one of these douches not to steal from me again....

then there's always RFID.....
"Cash is King”

That's fine, if ya wanna travel cross-country to purchase things. I use cash as often as possible, but it's really not practical for most of the car-hobby purchases I make.

Knock on wood I can't remember ever being scammed,
I do have my cards protected in my wallet too...
I'm pretty diligent & aware of when & where my card gets used...
I hate giving out any personal info over the phone let alone in person...
Probably more luck that anything...

BUT;
I did have an old girlfriend that wrote down the #'s on a couple of my cards,
but the cards were still in my wallet, conniving bitch !!
One of my dads cards too, he was a partner in my Golf Pro-shop...
Anyway;
She used them too pay for hotel bills, after she was kicked out of my place,
{she was a damn druggy , wasn't when I 1st met her, I was together with her or a while,
it didn't start until she hooked up with an old loser dirtbag friend Greta, I knew something was wrong
}
anyway I found out too late...
Had to get a restraining order out for her, in that same time frame a couple days earlier
for the physco bitch turned loser, that wouldn't get out of my house...
So I called the LEO's, they couldn't find her to serve her...
I told the cops/sheriff where she was, they went up there & served her...
Great part;
They knocked on her hotel room door, she had ordered Pizza, she & her loser
bitch friend Greta, didn't know it was the cops...LOL
She/they had a pile of coca/crank on the table, cops/sheriff dept. arrested
her & Greta, took her kids away {doing that **** with kids around what a fucken' loser, let alone doing it at all}
Anyway; enough backstory :BangHead:
But she tried to pay by/over the phone, they accepted it the 1st time
she knew all the correct answers & had the sec. # from the back too,
but the 2nd time the hotel desk clerk, called the CC co. for approval,
& then they called me @ home, asked if she was approved to use the CC...
Hotel figured she wasn't the name on the card...
I told them "hell no I won't approve it", canceled my cards right then...
My dad had too do the same with his too...
She had used his too, conniving loser bitch...
Anyway;
It took a couple days to get a couple new cards,
had to go thru all my cards & see what ones were hit...
Canceled all of them, got all new ones...
What a PITA...

I wasn't charged for any of the crap she charged either...

Last edited:
That's fine, if ya wanna travel cross-country to purchase things. I use cash as often as possible, but it's really not practical for most of the car-hobby purchases I make.
It's just never been my reality.....no credit, no checking, never dealt in that 'card' game,,,so it's hard to relate to the risk. And reading all these war stories, I'm content without the convenience.

Well for us in the hobby a cc is a must but i wouldn't recommend driving around with a bunch of cash what with state forfeiture laws if you get pulled over the cops can just take all you have and claim it's drug money

Well for us in the hobby a cc is a must but i wouldn't recommend driving around with a bunch of cash what with state forfeiture laws if you get pulled over the cops can just take all you have and claim it's drug money
I'm in the Hobby. There's always travelers cheques. Life is choices & excuses. I'm fine with mine.

Knock on wood I can't remember ever being scammed,
I do have my cards protected in my wallet too...
I'm pretty diligent & aware of when & where my card gets used...
I hate giving out any personal info over the phone let alone in person...
Probably more luck that anything...

BUT;
I did have an old girlfriend that wrote down the #'s on a couple of my cards,
but the cards were still in my wallet, conniving bitch !!
One of my dads cards too, he was a partner in my Golf Pro-shop...
Anyway;
She used them too pay for hotel bills, after she was kicked out of my place,
{she was a damn druggy , wasn't when I 1st met her, I was together with her or a while,
it didn't start until she hooked up with an old loser dirtbag friend Greta, I knew something was wrong
}
anyway I found out too late...
Had to get a restraining order out for her, in that same time frame a couple days earlier
for the physco bitch turned loser, that wouldn't get out of my house...
So I called the LEO's, they couldn't find her to serve her...
I told the cops/sheriff where she was, they went up there & served her...
Great part;
They knocked on her hotel room door, she had ordered Pizza, she & her loser
bitch friend Greta, didn't know it was the cops...LOL
She/they had a pile of coca/crank on the table, cops/sheriff dept. arrested
her & Greta, took her kids away {doing that **** with kids around what a fucken' loser, let alone doing it at all}
Anyway; enough backstory :BangHead:
But she tried to pay by/over the phone, they accepted it the 1st time
she knew all the correct answers & had the sec. # from the back too,
but the 2nd time the hotel desk clerk, called the CC co. for approval,
& then they called me @ home, asked if she was approved to use the CC...
Hotel figured she wasn't the name on the card...
I told them "hell no I won't approve it", canceled my cards right then...
My dad had too do the same with his too...
She had used his too, conniving loser bitch...
Anyway;
It took a couple days to get a couple new cards,
had to go thru all my cards & see what ones were hit...
Canceled all of them, got all new ones...
What a PITA...

I wasn't charged for any of the crap she charged either...
Wow, what a major cluster! Glad you got away from her Budnicks!

I'm in the Hobby. There's always travelers cheques. Life is choices & excuses. I'm fine with mine.

Lots of business only deal in some sort of on-line payment. Time can be an issue, too. I sent a check for my transmission. That started the build about 7-14 days later than if I'd CC or paypal'd it. All funds by paper/mailed take time to clear your account. I just received a personal check, that took 7-business days to clear.

25 years ago wife was in Costco with a basket full of stuff. Pulled our Discover card and it didn't go thru rejected. Had to go and get cash. I came open at 7 pm from work, called Discover. They asked me if I used my credit card at a gas station in the last few days. I told them yes at a station 20 miles from home. No,no did you use it in Houston, Texas, they asked. Hell no, why didn't say that in the first place! Somebody made a card with a random number that happened to be mine, name they used wasn't mine but the number was.

Lots of business only deal in some sort of on-line payment. Time can be an issue, too. I sent a check for my transmission. That started the build about 7-14 days later than if I'd CC or paypal'd it. All funds by paper/mailed take time to clear your account. I just received a personal check, that took 7-business days to clear.
Understood.

25 years ago wife was in Costco with a basket full of stuff. Pulled our Discover card and it didn't go thru rejected. Had to go and get cash. I came open at 7 pm from work, called Discover. They asked me if I used my credit card at a gas station in the last few days. I told them yes at a station 20 miles from home. No,no did you use it in Houston, Texas, they asked. Hell no, why didn't say that in the first place! Somebody made a card with a random number that happened to be mine, name they used wasn't mine but the number was.

I would just love to get my hands around the throats of the pukes who have nothing better to do that rip off law abiding, hard working people!

I would just love to get my hands around the throats of the pukes who have nothing better to do that rip off law abiding, hard working people!
Well here one for you. Guy I know in the 80's was buy distressed cars, fix and flip. Well he started to get credit cards, about 50 of them! Spent 2/3 years globe trotting, spent $170,000 when the house of cards fell he declared bankruptcy. Lived at his parents house all his life, that a long story. Bums around painting houses for years doing ok, still home with mom, dad died. Mom's frail and ends up in nursing home. Well he's told to get out of house at end of month, last April he did, only after 12 gauge in the mouth, a parting shot.

Last edited:
It would seem, the pressure was more than he could bear.

Bet he was thinking he would inherit half of house and sell it and have one more good time. Guess his last blast came a little early.

That was a great role, but I really liked him in Top Gun too!
Horse races, I didn't dig that character. I liked Him in "The Saint". Also in "Heat". Heat was just all around Baddassed casting/acting!!

Auto Transport Service
Back