• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom 4 link

Tzclark

Local time
8:43 PM
Reaction score
Who has built their own 4 link? I've done it before but it was on a bagged truck and wasn't too hard. Thinking of giving it a crack. Any pictures of your home brew would be nice. Bought a tig for future turbo and exhaust piping but would like to play with it some more.

Thanks
Zach

Ive been asking this question sometime. If you get any info please share and i will do the same. Seems like a lot of $ for a few brackets.

I have, don't have many pics. These are the brackets I cut for the 66 I'm doing now. Frame brackets I'm starting this week.
IMG_20161202_173258069.jpg

Do you have plans or cad drawings you could share? Im reading about a guy on here moparpoor who is supposed to be a 4 link guru, but his inbox is full so I cant contact him. Looks great so far.

I have some patterns from a couple kits I've perchased , there to expensive to keep buying kits. I'm in the middle of 2 right now. This is the first Mopar I've adapted it to. Also doing a 69 firebird at same time. The guys at the shop scanned them into the computer so they can laser cut sets when I need them. Could send a copy of it or see if they could give me something to forward. I'm not a computer guy.

Are you narrowing your rear end ? I did 4 inches, isn't alot but works for mini tubbing and deep offset rims.
IMG_20170116_162224104.jpg
IMG_20161227_180635142.jpg
IMG_20161230_104401777.jpg
im far from a guru but having good luck with it.
xantisquatline.jpg.pagespeed.ic.8kId5idWdT.jpg
xinstantcenter.jpg.pagespeed.ic.YkmtZ1_qk6.jpg
xneutral.jpg.pagespeed.ic.u5_xx6JIhA.jpg
xrearsquat.jpg.pagespeed.ic.-JaOnIg1jO.jpg
im learning as I go.

Yes I want to narrow the back end if needed ( I don't want to minitub) mostly I just want to be able to adjust ride height. You progress looks great! Love the stance. Stance makes the car.

Nothing you haven't seen Zach but here are my brackets. Whether I went 3 link, 4 link or torque arm these are what get used

Bracket.png bracket1.png

Are you narrowing your rear end ? I did 4 inches, isn't alot but works for mini tubbing and deep offset rims.View attachment 388510 View attachment 388511 View attachment 388512im far from a guru but having good luck with it.View attachment 388513 View attachment 388514 View attachment 388515 View attachment 388516im learning as I go.
So drag racing you would want "rear squat" to keep the nose down and protouring a more neutral stance? Did I interpret that correctly?

That's how I took it. I try reading up as much as I can on it. Still learning. The pictures were in a article I was reading on settings up and designing a 4 link, it also talked about 4 bar set ups to. I talk to brian at screaming performance alot. He's playing with NASCAR stuff with his pro touring set ups. I'm not much of a drag racer but i like great handling and don't like sloppy felling cars. I just got tired of all the expensive kits that were poor quality. The last tci 4 link I got the bars were to long, and the driver's side bracket was welded crooked, angles into wheel well. That's when I started to copy and make my own. I have access to all the equipment to make them.

I need to correct myself neutral is the goal in either case, some cars need a little more some a little less.rear squat is when your car goes down and suspension gos up, tire spin. There's a lot more, I think those pictures without reading the hole article are or seem misleading a little. I was trying to put up the link but from my phone wasn't able to and posted those. All see if I can get it on here

Auto Transport Service
Back